Question Could this be the new normal? (1 Viewer)

Continuing my thoughts on teleworking. Of course I’m probably a little biased. I have been doing this since 2007 and now the software I sell is a big enabler of teleworking (VMware Horizon virtual desktops and Workspace One unified device management)..

That said, I’ve always held that teleworking would be hugely beneficial to the economy and the world. How much benefit would we see in carbon reduction if 80% of office worker were working from home. How much would morning rush hour improve For those that do have to commute? How much would we reduce wear and tear on the roads and thus reduce infrastructure costs. Teleworking isn’t a panacea but there are a lot of problems it would help alleviate..

I have other crazy ideas too. If I were king for a day, I’d keep all heavy trucks off CITY road at rush hour. Deliveries have to happen before 6am or after 9am. In the afternoon, they have to be off the road between 4 and 6pm. During those hours, drivers get some rest. This wouldn’t apply trucking outside of cities. How many accidents would this prevent? There are always accidents involving big trucks at rush hour. Its not always the truck drivers fault but less traffic density is safer. Less heave trucks idling on congested roads is also reducing carbon emissions. People that do commute in rush hour have one less thing to worry about.

I could go on and on but I’m obviously way off track here. Obviously, economic adjustments would be needed to make these changes. Perhaps some tax incentives to encourage this behavior. Perhaps tolls on public roads for heavy trucks that use said roads at high congestion times. I’ve always thought there were simple solutions to some of our problems. We just need to think out of the box a bit..

There will be complete new markets that show up after this.....and of course insurance companies will figure out how to make money off of it without ever having to pay.

VMware Horizon

If you could only see the guide we had to make for one of our clients to use this. Two pages were dedicated to “how to send control alt delete”

(that’s a comment on the users, not the product btw)

That said, I’ve always held that teleworking would be hugely beneficial to the economy and the world. How much benefit would we see in carbon reduction if 80% of office worker were working from home. How much would morning rush hour improve For those that do have to commute? How much would we reduce wear and tear on the roads and thus reduce infrastructure costs. Teleworking isn’t a panacea but there are a lot of problems it would help alleviate..

And yes, so much this.

"It's a big idea, a new world order". George Herbert Walker Bush

1585837792592.png

20/20 is a term for perfect vision and everyone is seeing for the first time total population control. There are still a few hold outs in my opinion preventing the global government; Such as Russia, Iran, and North Korea. Eventually, these countries will be overthrown, so the world can see what the world planners have been preparing.

There is a big campaign right now to demonize cash. This trend will continue until the world is completely cashless. If you want to see what's coming, look at Sweeden. They are currently implanting biometric identifications in their citizens. Notice how Sweeden didn't close down their economy? That's because they are being rewarded for being the first country to widely adopt biometric I.D.. Trump also informed the public, he wants to have a biometric I.D., where you can be tracked on land, sea, and air. Total control. Eventually, they will make it mandatory to take the chip (could be the mark of the beast, you know 666 stuff?), or you will be executed guillotine style.

1585837831246.png

End Game. They want the world population cut down to 500,000,000. So, basically 90% of the population has to be killed, murdered, and executed. Either by slow kill mechanisms or by more extreme measures. Eventually a big war is gonna kick off that will make WWII look like a mix marhall arts match in comparison. You will see mandatory vaccines, famines, plagues of various kinds, and new deadly diseases to reduce population.

1585838490798.pngGeorgia GuideStones

I'll take off my tinfoil hat now and pretend every thing is o.k..

1585838864021.png

"It's a big idea, a new world order". George Herbert Walker Bush

1585837792592.png

20/20 is a term for perfect vision and everyone is seeing for the first time total population control. There are still a few hold outs in my opinion preventing the global government; Such as Russia, Iran, and North Korea. Eventually, these countries will be overthrown, so the world can see what the world planners have been preparing.

There is a big campaign right now to demonize cash. This trend will continue until the world is completely cashless. If you want to see what's coming, look at Sweeden. They are currently implanting biometric identifications in their citizens. Notice how Sweeden didn't close down their economy? That's because they are being rewarded for being the first country to widely adopt biometric I.D.. Trump also informed the public, he wants to have a biometric I.D., where you can be tracked on land, sea, and air. Total control. Eventually, they will make it mandatory to take the chip (could be the mark of the beast, you know 666 stuff?), or you will be executed guillotine style.

1585837831246.png

End Game. They want the world population cut down to 500,000,000. So, basically 90% of the population has to be killed, murdered, and executed. Either by slow kill mechanisms or by more extreme measures. Eventually a big war is gonna kick off that will make WWII look like a mix marhall arts match in comparison. You will see mandatory vaccines, famines, plagues of various kinds, and new deadly diseases to reduce population.

1585838490798.pngGeorgia GuideStones

I'll take off my tinfoil hat now and pretend every thing is o.k..

1585838864021.png
Hey, is this David Robbins???

If you want to see what's coming, look at Sweeden. They are currently implanting biometric identifications in their citizens.

This is patently false. Sweden is using biometric information in passports and ID cards, but implantation is not taking place.

During my military time I was stationed at a base which did a 9 hr day with every other Fri off.

Every other command hated it and wanted to have it stopped. The reason it wasn't? Money saved. All the lights, AC's etc being shutdown for just one day saved enough to protect the schedule. No idea if it's still a thing, but extrapolating that savings to companies no longer needing to lease as much office space, lowering electric costs, and the myriad of things I don't even know about seems like a huge win for a good nimble company.

The start up costs might be more to get the tech, but long term the savings would be significant.

This is patently false. Sweden is using biometric information in passports and ID cards, but implantation is not taking place.

"Thousands of people in Sweden are embedding microchips under their skin to replace ID cards"

google.com
type Sweden using microchips under skin
click on articles
read

Last edited:
google.com
type Sweden using microchips under skin
click on articles
read

I did. I probably read more than you think. 5k - 10k is not widespread and it appears to be more of a novelty....for now.

In time this Pandemic will probably pass. But when a new one comes in a couple years from now will the same measures be enacted? After all it seems like America was pretty laxed when Covid first occurred now it's has spread rapidly.

When another new virus takes hold will businesses and America shut down due to fear of lawsuits or another outbreak happening now that precedent has been set.

Or even more importantly what affect will this have on the American economy. Are people going to be willing to start or create businesses with the possibility it could be wiped out due to another situation like this?

The wife and I almost decided to buy a restaurant a few years ago but decided not to because the owners books seemed shady. Now we are glad we didn't.

There are tons of smart people on this board. What do you think the economic and social implications of this pandemic will be? Will America ever go back to the America we once knew?
I guess that all depends on who is elected at the end of this year. We have had virus in the past that could have wrecked the country, just like COVID19 has in 2020. The biggest difference has been the response to this and not the virus itself. Many things could have been done differently.

I think a lot of people have taken for granted how important the role of effective leaders play in their lives. At a minimum, we should elect people that have a marginal idea of how government works.

I guess that all depends on who is elected at the end of this year. We have had virus in the past that could have wrecked the country, just like COVID19 has in 2020. The biggest difference has been the response to this and not the virus itself. Many things could have been done differently.

I think a lot of people have taken for granted how important the role of effective leaders play in their lives. At a minimum, we should elect people that have a marginal idea of how government works.
Wilson caught the 1919 flu in its 2nd iteration
He had it in Paris when they were trying to work out the WW1 peace accord
He wanted to go easy on Germany to allow them to rebuild- he just did not have the strength to push for it
The other countries wanted to step on Germany’s neck
And we all know what happened next

Wilson caught the 1919 flu in its 2nd iteration
He had it in Paris when they were trying to work out the WW1 peace accord
He wanted to go easy on Germany to allow them to rebuild- he just did not have the strength to push for it
The other countries wanted to step on Germany’s neck
And we all know what happened next
The Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

I work for a major retailer who has the entire home office working from home right now. I can tell you that based on what is happening so far, I don't see it becoming the standard any time soon. Video and email can not make up for being in a room with a team and getting results.

I just hope many companies that are trying out telework will start to do so now. It was already becoming more popular with tech companies. My office worked from home a couple of times a week up until three years ago and that tornado in New Orleans East hit our office. We had to work from home every day for almost 8 months. We performed better than when we had the office. Now our time in the office is usually social time and meetings. Complete waste of overhead and time. I look forward to the day when i meet with other companies and they don’t say “must be nice!” when they find out i work from home most of the time.

I work for a major retailer who has the entire home office working from home right now. I can tell you that based on what is happening so far, I don't see it becoming the standard any time soon. Video and email can not make up for being in a room with a team and getting results.
interested to hear your take on what results you're seeing/not seeing
is this something that benefits from a lot of teamwork and interpersonal back and forth?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom