Could this Really Happen? (1 Viewer)

no, no way mcfadden is still on the board at 10...

If he is and we dont trade down to the highest bidder, I would not be happy, but I am usually not happy on draft day...

Man please, if that happens, best believe the Saints will be trading outa that spot gaining more picks so some team (Cowboys) can grab McFadden.

That would surely spell the end of Deuce's time in N.O.

I'd have to think we'd trade down if Run DMC was still on the board at 10, but if we couldn't get value in the trade. McFadden would be the BPA, so I'd take him.

We could do ALOT worse.

I'd rather get McFadden than a CB at # 10.

Man please, if that happens, best believe the Saints will be trading outa that spot gaining more picks so some team (Cowboys) can grab McFadden.

So you would take their two 1st round picks in this years draft to move out of the top ten.

#2 Is this draft that deep? And do you trust the front office enough to really get it right with the 2 later 1st round picks.

can McFadden catch ??
if we are going to draft a RB i'd like to see Jamal Charles from UT.
kid really came on this year. has amazing hands and a GREAT work ethic.

We could try the "Wild-Hog" formation at the NFL level and if it works...

McFadden in the shotgun with Reggie on one side and PT on the other, with Colston and Meach out wide.

I have heard alot of talk about RunDmc slipping but never really thought it made any sense.

Then I come across this mock draft and of course, before free agents come into play it seems like an intelligent way that scenario could play out.

Last edited:
I know I may be on a minority here, but I would prefer Gholston over McFadden any day.

I know I may be on a minority here, but I would prefer Gholston over McFadden any day.

I thought he had Gholston going to Cincy at # 9... I just realized that it was Conner...

I agree, if Gholston is there at #10, and McFadden is there too, I'd go with Gholston... both because Gholston fills a greater need and he would be the BPA IMO.

Please_God_Make_It_Stop.jpg

That would surely spell the end of Deuce's time in N.O.

I'd have to think we'd trade down if Run DMC was still on the board at 10, but if we couldn't get value in the trade. McFadden would be the BPA, so I'd take him.

We could do ALOT worse.

I'd rather get McFadden than a CB at # 10.

I could not see Payton resisting to draft McFadden if he is there at 10 (although I don't think he will be) and I agree that would spell an end to Deuce here in NO. As much as we all know we need defense the urge to add a weapon like this on offense may be too much to turn down (for Payton).

I could see a trade of Deuce to Dallas for one of their 1st picks or a combo of other later round picks, which would be unlikely it's not madden you know.

The one thing I expect from the draft is to get the unexpected when it comes to the Saints picks. I have given up on trying to figure out their draft strategy and will just roll with what we get.

IF and that's a big IF McFadden was there at 10 it most certainly would not surprise me to here the Commissioner say, "With the 10th selection in the 2008 draft, the New Orleans Saints select Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas."

"Expect to get what you didn't think we would"......I think that may be our new slogan, especially when it comes to the draft.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom