Could this Sunday actually be Drew Brees last game in the Superdome? (1 Viewer)

Chopper Man

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
If he wins it all this year, I think he goes out on top. I have real mixed emotions about this game.

He's on contract for next year, and if he walks away after this season it leaves a lot of dead money on the Saints' cap. With how he's been playing, I don't think he retires regardless of how the season ends. If I had to guess though, I'd say there are very good odds that next year may be it for him.

We do this thread like every week.

Drew is under contract next season and he has already said he's going to fulfill his contractual obligation - and then decide after that. Drew Brees isn't known to be flaky like that.

Coach Pete says that Brees has committed one more year to the Saints, after which he is completely non-committal. Sounds like Brees wants both another SB ring and all major passing records then he rides off into the sunset still healthy - we hope!

You think Drew Brees would give up a shot at being a repeat Super Bowl Champion?

No. I've heard from several different people that he's said he's coming back no matter what happens this year.

He's due a lot of cash next year, he's got a great team, and he's still playing like a top 5 QB. He's not going to walk away from that with a chance to make one more legitimate run.

2020, he's gone though.

He's going to want the TD record. If he looked like Peyton Manning throwing ducks with a fork sticking out of his back, I'd understand this, but there is no way he doesn't return.

It very well could be. I personally think he's coming back next year regardless of what happens.

He's on contract for next year, and if he walks away after this season it leaves a lot of dead money on the Saints' cap. With how he's been playing, I don't think he retires regardless of how the season ends. If I had to guess though, I'd say there are very good odds that next year may be it for him.

I tend to agree with that.

The nucleus of this team is signed at least through 2019, with the biggest decision to be Ingram. Brees is under contract, still playing at a high level, and this team is in the position to address a few key needs (like TE) and boost depth, and primed for another run next season. Brees is also within easy reach of becoming the all-time touchdown passing leader.

ya'll sshhhh..... This possibly being Drew's last game in the Superdome is the selling point I'm using on my wife to get her on board spending 1k per ticket this Sunday!

He’d be crazy not to come back. He’s the QB on the best roster in football IMO. Now if we were still looking pretty terrible and he was getting hit a ton then maybe. But he’s got one of the best offensive lines to protect him. He wants another ring. Hopefully that will be this year and maybe even next year too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom