Could underthrown deep balls be the new back shoulder fade? (1 Viewer)

As a designed play, especially with a tall WR. When a DB doesn't see the ball coming he can get really out of position. With good timing between QB and WR, I could see this concept being relatively high percentage.

I know they (QB's) have purposely done that (underthrow the pass) for years, but I don't recall the exact scenarios that call for it.

(I'm thinking single DB in man-to-man in tight coverage, but, again, not sure. Advantage goes to the WR for finding and catching the ball.)

If the safety had been paying attention the Sanders catch would’ve been a int.

He was quoting as saying that the ball slipped out his hand on that throw. Every pass before and after that play had zip even the 57yrd TD pass that was called back

Taysom said the ball slipped from his hand on that one. His deep balls will get better with more reps and needs to throw it a second earlier so the WR runs under it. It's not like he cant throw it 60 yards.

Agreed. Its gonna take TIME: added reps, better understanding of the O, developing chemistry with the receivers, etc.

But overall, I think Taysom got off to a positive start, and one that he’ll look forward to building on this week in Denver.

:9:

Of all the things Hill did on Sunday, I did not think anyone would have looked at that one and said "you know, this could be a thing " lol. But credit for thinking outside the box.

Now that you mention it, that deep completion to Sanders kinda looked like a punt, but hey, it worked.

That was the highest non-kick that I have ever seen. It was so high that it didn't even make sense. Lol Sanders was down there waiting for it to come down like he was fielding a punt.

I don't know what's more bizarre, how high that ball went or the fact that it was not intercepted.

Biggest innovation since the 2nd down punt.

The opening sequence of plays might be the worst, most inept offense I have ever seen in the NFL. I have witnessed a lot of really, really bad football--but not at the professional level.. You don't get to 2rd and 40 by being efficient.

Put that play call next to the fumblerooskie. Lol.
I guess in certain situations, a QB can throw a ball short if he knows the receiver is coming back for it. For instance, when he's under pressure and has to get rid of it.

Taysom said the ball slipped from his hand on that one. His deep balls will get better with more reps and needs to throw it a second earlier so the WR runs under it. It's not like he cant throw it 60 yards.
So that's what happened. Good to know because that was a dying duck. Yeah, we were lucky on that one it wasn't an INT.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom