Could we end up playing Atlanta in the playoffs (2 Viewers)

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
As much as a few may disagree with this statement, I think the NFC South is a 2 horse race now between The Saints and the Atlanta Falcons as of this past weekend. The Falcons look to be on a roll and the only real legit contender along with us to be the divsion winner later on. I would usually say Carolina is a good team too but their is a funk now and will take some time for them to get out of it.

We all know and fondly remember the Dome Game in September that we creamed Atlanta but really the game that matters the most is the Atlanta road game later in November after Thanksgiving, thats the kicker for us and who will win this division.

The Falcons have Vick, and we all know what he can do with an offense and wit h his feet, but the media has certianly propped him up as the golden boy and labeled him the savior of the team.

Its the Battle we all know and love and maybe hate too, but the Falcons and the Saints will be playing perhaps more then twice this season, could we see the Saints and the Birds play agian in the post season?

I would like to see that quite frankly, becuase a rivalry is better once the stakes go up a little higher.

We could indeed meet the Falcons in the playoffs. But the chances of that are extremely slim. The only way we could possibly meet them is if it was in the NFC championship right? Because the Bears will have the best record in the NFC and they will play who is coming out of the wildcard, so that would set up an NFC champtionship matchup. As I said, extremely unlikely.

All I want to see is for us to destroy the Bucs and learn how to stop the run.

rpm, the Bears are beatable IMHO, if their is a team that could give them a fight in the playoffs, its the Saints. If we a WC team and play Chicago neck to neck, IMHO we could beat them. It would nt be easy. But I think the Bears know themselves that their is a team somewhere out their that can beat them and in the playoffs too in their home staduim

Just a feeling I have you know

i agree the Bears are beatable and have beaten a lot of bad football teams. But they have an extremely easy schedule and will have the top record of all teams in the NFC. Meaning they will have homefield advantage at Soldier Field. That is a scary scary environment to play in, I don't care who you are.

We could indeed meet the Falcons in the playoffs. But the chances of that are extremely slim. The only way we could possibly meet them is if it was in the NFC championship right? Because the Bears will have the best record in the NFC and they will play who is coming out of the wildcard.

If the Bears finished with the best record, they would be off in week one, right? If the Falcons or Saints were one of the two division winners with the worst records, they'd play a wildcard team. As we know, the two have met in the first round of the playoffs before.

If the Bears finished with the best record, they would be off in week one, right? If the Falcons or Saints were one of the two division winners with the worst records, they'd play a wildcard team. As we know, the two have met in the first round of the playoffs before.

I stand corrected. I must have had too much halloween punch. :bier:

It has happened before... and the falcons beat us! That was the year we won the division. Anyway, time for some payback...

i agree the Bears are beatable and have beaten a lot of bad football teams. But they have an extremely easy schedule and will have the top record of all teams in the NFC. Meaning they will have homefield advantage at Soldier Field. That is a scary scary environment to play in, I don't care who you are.

The Bears have outscored their opponents at home 152-30. Of the 30 points they have given up 27 of them have come after they were up by 20 or more points, in other words they were garbage scores.

They are beatable though. I think they are going to drop some games in the coming weeks. I can see them dropping as many as 3 of their next 6. The only team I give any chance to beating them at home is the Vikings.

It has happened before... and the falcons beat us! That was the year we won the division. Anyway, time for some payback...

Wasn't that the game in the dome when we were driving for the winning score and Deion grabbed one of our WR's threw him to the ground and intercepted the pass in the endzone. Till this day every time I see him I think about that. Does anyone else remember that?

Wasn't that the game in the dome when we were driving for the winning score and Deion grabbed one of our WR's threw him to the ground and intercepted the pass in the endzone. Till this day every time I see him I think about that. Does anyone else remember that?

All I remember about that game is that it was basically the Michael Haynes show for the Falcons. He burned us all day long in that game.

I find it ironic that both times we won our division we had to play someone in our division in the first round of the playoffs. The Falcons after the '91 season and the Rams after the 2000 season.

Last edited:
Can we play the falcons in the playoffs? Its happened before.

The scenario in which the Saints would play the Falcons would happen if a) we win the division and they make it as a wild card team, or b) if Atlant wins the division and we make it as a wildcard team, with homefield obviously going to the division winner. It happened with us and the Rams in 2000 as stated above.

first lets make the playoffs--we still have so far to go...

Geaux Saints

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom