could we possibly have 2 1000 yard rushers? (1 Viewer)

diat150

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
bell 60 carries 263 yards 4.4ypc
thomas 48 carries 284 yards 5.9 ypc

thomas needs around 65 yards a game and bell needs about 67.

It should be close but it looks doable if they continue getting 13-15 carries each per game and stay healthy.

Health is really going to be the big issue. If they both stay healthy, and we have a good lead in a few more games, it is posssible.

Aside from health, it just may be possible. Last year, you would have been laughed at for suggesting it, but this year is SO different. Since we are up early (and always) in the game, we can afford to run to not only wear out the D, but to wear out the clock. Not only that, but the run blocking and the running itself has been dang good, so why mess with a good thing?

I seriously doubt it. Thomas will still be the "featured" back of the two. Bell got 10 of his 15 carries late in the Giants game, and some of his early carries were just goalline and short yardage carries. Hopefully we'll always be up 20+ points and feeding Bell the ball late, but you can't assume that.

Thomas will likely make it. Bell I personally don't think will be that close when all is said and done. If I was gambling I would put better odds on neither back reaching 1,000 yards than I would both reaching it. Similar to how we had no 1,000 yard WR last year, yet Brees still threw for 5,000 yards. Sometimes a team is just so balanced that individual stats are often skewed, and outside observers may not truly realize how talented individual players are, especially in this "fantasy football era."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom