could you pass the nyc gun background questionnaire? (1 Viewer)

Cscates03

Veteran
Reaction score
yup. thats the point. They don't plan on stopping until 0 upstanding citizens have a gun. Problem is the criminals will always find a way....

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Wow. What a mess of paperwork. If I fill it out should I point out that "more" is misspelled on page 13? Also 450 bucks for their license?

Anteros77

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Well...most of it is informational...there's really only about 3 pages that you'd have to actually fill out, most of it is either check boxes, or room for explanation if you check yes on something. About 10-15 minutes worth of work. I'm staunchly against most gun control regulations, but I don't really see the problem with it. Most of the questions are pretty reasonable.

I'm not sure why they need bank deposit slips or a few other things though. On second thought it does seem a bit excessive...not completely unreasonable, but excessive.

Lurkaholic

Banned
Reaction score
Out of all the things you can complain about concerning gun control, this is it? Seriously? A standard name/address/employment section, a couple pages to sign, and a page of check boxes, some of which make you write some such as a doctor's name if you've been treated for a mental illness? Seriously?

I mean, I guess there's an extra page if you want to be considered for a special exemption to a pistol license (a separate application from the gun one). And a separate page if you want apply for a carry license, again a separate issue from what you are originally applying for. If this horrible application kills you so much to fill out, I hope you never try to buy a house or a car. It must be positively agonizing for you to go see a doctor. Good lord....

saintyclaus

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
That's a nice deterrent for some.
Fees. Two (2) separate fees are required. These are payable by certified check, bank check, money order or
credit card. All fees are non-refundable.
– $340.00 - Made payable to New York City Police Department
– $ 91.50 - Made payable to New York City Police Department
Why not at least make it one check. It's going to the same place.

Saint77

Burrrrrrrsitis!
Reaction score
Id pass it. but the idea that I need to have License for a handgun, and to CC I must have 1 of 7 reasons to carry a gun there, and that reason has to be approved by someone is lame. Thankfully in Ohio, I dont need a license, and i can just apply for a CC, and if I clear the background check. and qualify the same as PD, im good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom