Could you see Sean Payton bringing back Ed Orgeron as assistant? (1 Viewer)

I would be surprised if Ed O gets another college coaching Job let alone be an HC at a power five conference school. College football has evolved at such a rapid rate you need a legitimate Xs and Os HC.

Dont really see Ed O getting a job as a recruiter either. Dude his a big personality and i dont really see it coexisting with an HC, who have big egos of thier own.

I would be surprised if Ed O gets another college coaching Job let alone be an HC at a power five conference school. College football has evolved at such a rapid rate you need a legitimate Xs and Os HC.

Dont really see Ed O getting a job as a recruiter either. Dude his a big personality and i dont really see it coexisting with an HC, who have big egos of thier own.
I think his future is probably an elite recruiter.

It is not secret that Sean Payton does not mind drama and “O” was already one of his former assistants. Assuming they are still friends do you think Sean gives him a job? Wouldn’t it be funny? I mean SP brought back the Tulane Coach Curtis Johnson. It would be so SP.

Can't see it. As others have said, CSP was glad to get Coach O off of the staff. Since then, his defensive coaching standards have gone up.

I just don't think that Coach O would fit a CSP staff any longer. I like him, but think his future is still in college ball.

Love his ability to recruit, hate the way he runs a team...Coach O is a figurehead head coach, but a figurehead without the Joe Paterno or Bobby Bowden prestige. He was always only as good as his coordinators, but then the coordinators always ended up thinking that "they could beat this bozo" and left for a HC position as soon as the opportunity presented itself.

Being said, No...I don't want Coach O anywhere near the Saints Org.

I knew coaches at Miami and Ole Miss at the time that Ed O was there who told he has been buying players since early in his career. Not that it’s not being done by every college football program forever.

Nope don’t bring him anywhere near the saints. For starters Payton messed him over when he wanted one of our DA’s to be his DC. Payton said no and promoted the guy after he took the LSU job. Coach O is going to be out of a job because he couldn’t get the top flight assistants he needed. Payton had a hand in that. Lastly, if the rumors are true in anyway shape or form he is toxic. Plus he isn’t an X &O coach he is a motivator. We don’t have issues getting motivated.

Last edited:
Let him go cook gumbo at his fishing hole. Don't need that dude in the Saints organization.
I agree. The guy is a novelty as a coach, more then he is actually a coach. His voice, his entire package is a joke to me. He is a farce! But he will end up a HC somewhere else for certain. Some mid level D1 school will take a chance on him. If Miles could get a job, Orgeron can get a job. Sheesh.

If the rumors of the reason he lost the locker room are true, even that's in jeopardy.
Speak of such! What rumors? All I see is, players last year and this year, bailing big time not to finish their seasons. So there is somethig amiss with this loon. The NC went to his head is what I think.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom