Could you see Sean Payton bringing back Ed Orgeron as assistant? (1 Viewer)

Speak of such! What rumors? All I see is, players last year and this year, bailing big time not to finish their seasons. So there is somethig amiss with this loon. The NC went to his head is what I think.
It's not really a rumor I've heard Ryan Clark and Bobby Herbert say it on the air.
Basically the LSU students demonstrated for social equality after the murder of George Floyd. Even some assistant coaches marched with them. Coach O claimed he wasn't aware and reprimanded the team because they missed a practice.
That's when Ja'marr Chase and other decided to sit out a season/ enter the transfer portal.

The rumor is that Coach is a heavy drinker and is more worried about chasing young women than actually coaching.
Basically, his ego from the '19 season got the better of him.

Nope don’t bring him anywhere near the saints. For starters Payton messed him over when he wanted one of our DA’s to be his DC. Payton said no and promoted the guy after he took the LSU job. Coach O is going to be out of a job because he couldn’t get the top flight assistants he needed. Payton had a hand in that. Lastly, if the rumors are true in anyway shape or form he is toxic. Plus he isn’t an X &O coach he is a motivator. We don’t have issues getting motivated.
Sean didn't screw Coach O over...CSP can't keep letting his guys go over to LSU because they want to be the Saints...if that happened then CSP would have to keep replenishing his staff after being poached by LSU year after year.

Sean is not in the business of running a LSU coaching farm, let them get their own people from somewhere else.

And re Coach O being on the way out because he couldn't get top flight assistants...That's good, if he can't coach, then he doesn't need to be anyone's HC, let the guys who can coach - well coach.

No, no, and no. Will not happen and better not happen. I started to list the many reasons why this is a terrible idea and decided that this is a rare occasion when the reasons for the opinion, which in part go to the character and personality traits of someone, should not and need not be stated.

No. No. No. Just no. No.
Obligatory...

200.webp

From 2009... Lol.

Say less

A blast from the past. Remember the days when we had to wonder if Payton would ever fire Gary Gibbs? And funny to read that Bill Johnson might be coming in to improve the D-Line. How things have changed...

posted by David "Satch" Kelly on Jan 01, 2009
nola.com
It seems Payton is happy to be rid of Orgeron. He says the many calls our former D-line coach was juggling regarding coaching positions over the last month were a distraction that he didn't appreciate dealing with. My only concern now is waiting to see if Payton will try to blame our defensive woes mainly on Orgeron as an excuse to retain Gary Gibbs for next season. I hope not. This article also says that former Broncos D-line coach Bill Johnson is reportedly high on Payton's list to replace Orgeron. Really? If he does come here, I hope he brings a lot more than what was delivered by the Broncos defense this past season. They were awful.

But then he might start chasing after HS girls, not sure that’s a good idea
Y'all really have a low opinion of his character. Does anything in his past show that he is this type of man?

Regardless, I don't see Orgeron coming to the saints. I doubt he goes pro at all, but I'll bet we see on someone's staff whenever he is finished with his vacation after this season.

Y'all really have a low opinion of his character. Does anything in his past show that he is this type of man?
Yes. There are plenty of articles about his womanizing (I think @RaginCajun83 was posting tongue in cheek about HS girls). An example of a just one of many incidents (from 24/7 sports):

"[his womanizing] created messes for him, like the time Orgeron pulled up to a woman at a gas station wearing exercise attire. “Hey, you look like you work out,” he said, according to multiple sources. “We could work out together.” The woman informed Orgeron she was married, to which he responded, “Why does that matter?”

Turned out to be the wife of a high ranking LSU official.

Or this (not ex-wife):
ed-o.jpeg

Yes. There are plenty of articles about his womanizing (I think @RaginCajun83 was posting tongue in cheek about HS girls). An example of a single incident (from 24/7 sports):

"[his womanizing] created messes for him, like the time Orgeron pulled up to a woman at a gas station wearing exercise attire. “Hey, you look like you work out,” he said, according to multiple sources. “We could work out together.” The woman informed Orgeron she was married, to which he responded, “Why does that matter?”

Or this (not ex-wife):
ed-o.jpeg
I know about all that. I was referencing the notion that he is a pedophile. Womanizing, bringing them to practice, cheating on his wife....not illegal or particularly moral, but we really don't know his circumstances either. BTW, the girl in that pic doesn't look unhappy, just sayin'...

I know about all that. I was referencing the notion that he is a pedophile. Womanizing, bringing them to practice, cheating on his wife....not illegal or particularly moral, but we really don't know his circumstances either. BTW, the girl in that pic doesn't look unhappy, just sayin'...
Again, I don't think @RaginCajun83 was serious. That was, imo, a joke and a bit of hyperbole. You know, like Monty Python (nudge, nudge):

That's the way I took it, anyway. He'll have to answer for himself. :shrug:

Again, I don't think @RaginCajun83 was serious. That was, imo, a joke and a bit of hyperbole. You know, like Monty Python (nudge, nudge):

That's the way I took it, anyway. He'll have to answer for himself. :shrug:

Yeh, I think it was meant as a joke by RC, but their are those out there that think Orgeron is this type of person. I'm not defending what he did on or off the field, but I do appreciate what he did for LSU while he was here.

Yes. There are plenty of articles about his womanizing (I think @RaginCajun83 was posting tongue in cheek about HS girls). An example of a just one of many incidents (from 24/7 sports):

Or this (not ex-wife):
ed-o.jpeg
I'm not going to be able to unsee this or the internal visualization of what likely transpired before this photo took place.:sick:

I wonder if he said Geaux Tigahs after he finished.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom