Could you see Sean Payton bringing back Ed Orgeron as assistant? (1 Viewer)

Yeh, I think it was meant as a joke by RC, but their are those out there that think Orgeron is this type of person. I'm not defending what he did on or off the field, but I do appreciate what he did for LSU while he was here.

There's a lot of morally low ambiguous space before you get to pedo. He fits in there.

According to the article Duncan (I believe) wrote. He didn't let the guy take the LSU job because he knew that wasn't the job to take. Basically that the likely thing that was going to happen to Coach O was exactly what happened. So why would you allow one of your guys to go somewhere where where the likely result is they are fired after a year?

I think Payton is all about his guys moving up the ranks but not to move up and get put in bad spots. Payton knew this and so did just about everyone else it is why Jake Peetz and Daronte Jones are LSU's OC and DC. Nobody wanted the jobs.

Couldn't agree more with you if your HC needs to have top flight guys doing all the work then that guy shouldn't be the HC, plain and simple. He was a good recruiter (and good luck still being a good recruiter now) but if he doesn't have the right guys in place to develop players the 5 star kids stay just that.... 5 star kids. They don't grow into 1st round picks and to me that is the biggest job an NCAA coach has. It is to get as many of his guys to the next level and develop them as much as they can. LSU has done a great job of that in the past but how much of the success of guys like Justin Jefferson and Jamar Chase are from working with Joe Brady vs. anything Coach O did for them?

I'm not going to be able to unsee this or the internal visualization of what likely transpired before this photo took place.:sick:

I wonder if he said Geaux Tigahs after he finished.

Probably right at climax! Can you picture the look on his face? Am I burning your internal retina yet? lol
Thanks.

/s

According to the article Duncan (I believe) wrote. He didn't let the guy take the LSU job because he knew that wasn't the job to take. Basically that the likely thing that was going to happen to Coach O was exactly what happened. So why would you allow one of your guys to go somewhere where where the likely result is they are fired after a year?

I think Payton is all about his guys moving up the ranks but not to move up and get put in bad spots. Payton knew this and so did just about everyone else it is why Jake Peetz and Daronte Jones are LSU's OC and DC. Nobody wanted the jobs.

Couldn't agree more with you if your HC needs to have top flight guys doing all the work then that guy shouldn't be the HC, plain and simple. He was a good recruiter (and good luck still being a good recruiter now) but if he doesn't have the right guys in place to develop players the 5 star kids stay just that.... 5 star kids. They don't grow into 1st round picks and to me that is the biggest job an NCAA coach has. It is to get as many of his guys to the next level and develop them as much as they can. LSU has done a great job of that in the past but how much of the success of guys like Justin Jefferson and Jamar Chase are from working with Joe Brady vs. anything Coach O did for them?
Ah...gotcha, probably also the same reason why he didn't want Brady to take the job as well...also probably why Brady left as soon as the gettin was good.
moana-youre-welcome.gif

I think he was all for Brady taking that job because not like he was gonna take over for Payton but you couldn't be more right Brady probably saw the inter workings of that place and bolted as soon as he could.

Plus I think it wont be long till Brady has his own HC spot be it a high level NCAA school or even in the NFL level. Think about this he is some how making Sam Darnold look like a good NFL QB. That is saying a lot.

I think he was all for Brady taking that job because not like he was gonna take over for Payton but you couldn't be more right Brady probably saw the inter workings of that place and bolted as soon as he could.

Plus I think it wont be long till Brady has his own HC spot be it a high level NCAA school or even in the NFL level. Think about this he is some how making Sam Darnold look like a good NFL QB. That is saying a lot.
Yep, I wish he was with us at the moment.

His strong point is recruiting. If he coaches he's going to be in college. P5 assistant or G5 HC. But he could end up with a job on TV.
How is going to be on TV? Nobody understands him. He would need subtitles!

Coach O would be an all around better HC if he would surround himself with better assistants. I know the off the field stuff is one thing, but not having the right assistants ultimately led to his downfall.

Coach O would be an all around better HC if he would surround himself with better assistants. I know the off the field stuff is one thing, but not having the right assistants ultimately led to his downfall.

The thing with having great assistants is they leave for better jobs and then you have to replace them again. That's hard to maintain, batting 100% of assistant hires every two years or so. Aranda and Brady were great and left and he wiffed on replacing them. O is great at getting out of the way of his assistants and delegating to great assistants. Not so much when those guys don't work out.

. Payton knew this and so did just about everyone else it is why Jake Peetz and Daronte Jones are LSU's OC and DC. Nobody wanted the jobs.

I'll be honest... For first time play callers. I see a lot of potential with both guys. I think they are fine good hires and still are. They just have terrible support systems and being forced to figure it out as they go.

Jones would turn out to be a fantastic coordinator under Dave Aranda. Be the best teacher for him.

Peetz gets an absurd amount of hate and he continues to improve. He's gonna be a top coordinator sooner than later in my opinion. He just got to keep grinding and improving.

People get mad when we bring in washed up coaches on the downhill trend.

We bring in green coaches and they flashed at time some excellent playcalling. So, I wish people would be a little more patient and see they are only gonna get better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom