Couple Caught having Sex... (Florida Edition) (1 Viewer)

Joe OKC

"Better Days"
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/0...having-sex-in-their-backyard-reports-say.html

Florida father, daughter caught having sex in their backyard, reports say

A father and daughter were arrested Tuesday in Florida after allegedly being caught having sex in their backyard, according to reports.

Justin Bunn, 39, and his 19-year-old daughter, Taylor Bunn, were taken into custody after witnesses told Panama City police they spotted them having sexual intercourse in a backyard, the Northwest Florida Daily News reported.

Both father and daughter confessed to having consensual sex but claimed it was an isolated incident, police said.

Taylor-Bunn-and-Justin-Bunn-Panama-City-Police-1-640x480.jpg

Last edited:
Thread title does NOT tell the whole story here for real

As abhorrent and messed up as it is, ... is this a crime? If both parties consent what's the legal justification for prosecuting?

Ky. threw out a stepmother/stepson case a few months back that made a lot of waves. But they were genetically unrelated. Still gross but it didn't make me wrinkle my nose like this one does.

As abhorrent and messed up as it is, ... is this a crime? If both parties consent what's the legal justification for prosecuting?

Ky. threw out a stepmother/stepson case a few months back that made a lot of waves. But they were genetically unrelated. Still gross but it didn't make me wrinkle my nose like this one does.

More & more lines to cross...

Please, elaborate

I perceive a decline in our morals as a whole. Maybe not a decline overall, but rather a shift away from sexual morality. Occurrences like this and the teachers having sex with students becoming more & more commonplace. Then instances such as this where there is no clear law against what they are doing we just throw our hands up and say "well it was consensual and the girl is of age?" I don't know what the answer is there, but is there ever going to be a point where we draw a line or is the envelope just going to continue to be pushed as to what is acceptable and what isn't?

It's a third degree felony in Florida for sexual intercourse or marriage, if you're related by lineal consanguinity (parent, child, grandparent).. or a brother, sister, uncle, aunt, nephew, or niece.

It's a third degree felony in Florida for sexual intercourse or marriage, if you're related by lineal consanguinity (parent, child, grandparent).. or a brother, sister, uncle, aunt, nephew, or niece.

Apparently cousins are cool though.

This may explain Florida.

I perceive a decline in our morals as a whole. Maybe not a decline overall, but rather a shift away from sexual morality. Occurrences like this and the teachers having sex with students becoming more & more commonplace. Then instances such as this where there is no clear law against what they are doing we just throw our hands up and say "well it was consensual and the girl is of age?" I don't know what the answer is there, but is there ever going to be a point where we draw a line or is the envelope just going to continue to be pushed as to what is acceptable and what isn't?

I wasn't debating the morality of it, just the legality. It's wrong and gross in my opinion (and most people's), obviously.

The line, at least to me, is where it always has been: Has anyone been victimized? If so, then prosecute.

As far as "decline in morals as a whole" to me, morality is not worrying about what somebody else is doing as long as they're not hurting anybody. Different people have different "morals," we can't shape legislation based on subjective beliefs that differ from one person to the next.

My understanding though, is that most states will look the other way if there is no apparent "victim." That's why I mentioned the case in Kentucky from a while back. Ky. law says sex is prohibited between stepparent/stepchildren but they threw it out anyway. Maybe it was simply seen as a waste of time/resources, I don't recall the reason.

I wasn't debating the morality of it, just the legality. It's wrong and gross in my opinion (and most people's), obviously.

The line, at least to me, is where it always has been: Has anyone been victimized? If so, then prosecute.

My understanding though, is that most states will look the other way if there is no apparent "victim." That's why I mentioned the case in Kentucky from a while back. Ky. law says sex is prohibited between stepparent/stepchildren but they threw it out anyway.

It's all fun and games until your dad knocks you up. (Yes, I realize that she's not pregnant that we know of).

It's all fun and games until your dad knocks you up. (Yes, I realize that she's not pregnant that we know of).

The other thing is, is the child of a parent truly capable of making "consent" in such a situation? I'm not sure. There must be some pretty screwed up stuff going on in this family for this to have happened for sure.

To me this is probably something more for family court and psychological intervention than a criminal pursuit. But you can't say for sure without knowing all the background details, and, well, yuck.

The other thing is, is the child of a parent truly capable of making "consent" in such a situation? I'm not sure. There must be some pretty screwed up stuff going on in this family for this to have happened for sure.

To me this is probably something more for family court and psychological intervention than a criminal pursuit. But you can't say for sure without knowing all the background details, and, well, yuck.

The article says they claim it was an isolated incident. I'm not buying it. This has probably been going on for quite some time, long before she was ever able to give "consent" (if such can even be given in a case like this).

As far as "decline in morals as a whole" to me, morality is not worrying about what somebody else is doing as long as they're not hurting anybody. Different people have different "morals," we can't shape legislation based on subjective beliefs that differ from one person to the next.

My understanding though, is that most states will look the other way if there is no apparent "victim." That's why I mentioned the case in Kentucky from a while back. Ky. law says sex is prohibited between stepparent/stepchildren but they threw it out anyway. Maybe it was simply seen as a waste of time/resources, I don't recall the reason.

I never meant to imply that you were debating the morality, just simply saying should we just walk away simply because it was "legal & consensual." Should assisted suicide be legal? If I take advantage of your mental state and murder you, at what point is it ok because that is what you really wanted? What's not to say this father didn't use his position and authority to prey upon and influence his daughter, regardless of her age? What's not to say that the father has not been manipulating his child through her adolescence to make her more subjective to such behavior?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom