Couple interesting defensive factoids (1 Viewer)

It’s really awesome to think about because up until recently I would have said that this seems like a better overall D than we had in 2009 but probably not as opportunistic. Now it seems like they are just clearly the better D.

add to that that there are no 2009 Favre led Vikings in the NFC with us this year and you have to like our chances although it all hinges on a rib or 4 at this point.

Yeah I aint seeing one of those over achieving teams this year. Got to handle business with lesser foes. losing to Vikings messed us up from playing 2 teams I know we could of handled last year, (49ers and Packers), hence why the NFCCG was so 1 sided.

I thought the consensus on this board is that DA should be fired since he couldn't even coach a pop warner team?

In the Denver game; the Bronco's Offense had exactly four (4) snaps, for the entire game, on the Saints' side of the fifty. The first snap came at 9:03 into the third quarter after an interception of Taysom and subsequent INT return set them up on the New Orleans 40-yard line. In those four snaps the Broncos gained a total of 1-yard of forward progress and kicked a Field Goal from the 39-yard line.

So there you have it; Saints Defense yielded one (1) yard of home turf to the opposition for the entire game.

Dat's domination.

The Saints did something similar in 2006 against the Giants. The Giants didn't have a single snap in Saints territory. They punted once from the 50. Also, both Deuce and Reggie had a 100 yards rushing.

And how many times in previous seasons would this same scenario equal in a huge upset loss and the QB has a career day? Way too often and usually spells disaster for our team but this time....the team played like we all expected them to play. That’s comfort for a fan lol
In this circumstance, with a practice squad wide receiver elevated to starting QB with 24 hours notice (if even that much), I think even the Jets could have got a win.

Well, maybe not the Jets, but it would have been close.

It's incredible. If this defense keeps at this level in the playoffs, that's the key to going all the way for this team. It's still one game at a time, but just thinking back on previous years, this D is looking pretty stout.

In this circumstance, with a practice squad wide receiver elevated to starting QB with 24 hours notice (if even that much), I think even the Jets could have got a win.

Well, maybe not the Jets, but it would have been close.
I know I was just stating the fact that in the past, those defenses would have made this a game. Speaking on the dominance of this current defense we have. Not in the literal sense GW93 lol

I know I was just stating the fact that in the past, those defenses would have made this a game. Speaking on the dominance of this current defense we have. Not in the literal sense GW93 lol
Believe me, leading up to kickoff, it was definitely in my mind that losing this game would be the most Saints thing ever :ROFLMAO:

I don't understand why they look so inept for the first few games then catch fire and look like a top D. It's happened the last 3 years.

I was hating big time on DA to start the season. They were horrible!

add to that that there are no 2009 Favre led Vikings in the NFC with us this year and you have to like our chances
Yeah but there still is a Rams team that needs to justify building a $1B stadium for the league's most apathetic fan base.

Last 7 games Saints D has allowed on average 254.14 yards a game

An interesting contrast Saints gave allowed teams to rush over 100 yards only 3 times. Thier worst being 119 yards.

Eagles meanwhile have held opponents to under 100 yards rushing just three times

Last edited:
There was all the media complaints about DEN playing w/out QB's, but they scored the same as Bucs w/the "goat" & the "best offenses weapons". The D has been on a tear & I don't see an end to it.
Penalties & brain farts are the only thing standing in the way!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom