Couple of things I want to address (1 Viewer)

SaintsRays

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Haven't seen these posted, but I think they deserve mention...

*Charles Grant's play on the screen pass to Davenport that brought up 4th down was something special. He lined up across from the RT, saw the play that was developing and instantly dashed across the field. He then broke through two attempted blocks and dove to make the play. Without this effort, I don't think we even get a chance to have that last offensive possession. Since we lost this will be a play that is forgotten, but it was an outstanding play and effort by Grant.

*Deuce was running hard today. He seemed to be really geared up for some reason. This guy is something special. I hope Colston takes some of this guy's attitude from him, because you never hear him talking garbage, but Deuce runs guys over all day. He's been real solid all year, but today he just seemed to be running mad... Plus, he doesn't seem to spike the ball much except for when he's really fired up, and he did spike the ball after his first TD... And I don't know what exactly happened with his 2nd TD, but whether it was by mistake or design, that was a hell of a job picking up that ball on the run, which is an easy thing to botch if you aren't calm and collected...
And still on Deuce. I was really happy to see him gathering the offense late in the game and talking to them. I hadn't seen him be a vocal leader like that in the past...

*Either Reggie has figured out how to run (North and South) or the Steelers are the first team not to key on him. The fumbling "problem" (I won't call it a problem yet really) is as simple as Tiki Barber's to cure because it's the exact same problem. He's gotta focus this offseason on carrying the ball higher and closer to his body.

*We were burnt only once when we blitzed, and that's because Craft and MM took each other out... I think every other time we sent 6 or more men the Steelers could do nothing...

Haven't seen these posted, but I think they deserve mention...

*Charles Grant's play on the screen pass to Davenport that brought up 4th down was something special. He lined up across from the RT, saw the play that was developing and instantly dashed across the field. He then broke through two attempted blocks and dove to make the play. Without this effort, I don't think we even get a chance to have that last offensive possession. Since we lost this will be a play that is forgotten, but it was an outstanding play and effort by Grant.

*Deuce was running hard today. He seemed to be really geared up for some reason. This guy is something special. I hope Colston takes some of this guy's attitude from him, because you never hear him talking garbage, but Deuce runs guys over all day. He's been real solid all year, but today he just seemed to be running mad... Plus, he doesn't seem to spike the ball much except for when he's really fired up, and he did spike the ball after his first TD... And I don't know what exactly happened with his 2nd TD, but whether it was by mistake or design, that was a hell of a job picking up that ball on the run, which is an easy thing to botch if you aren't calm and collected...
And still on Deuce. I was really happy to see him gathering the offense late in the game and talking to them. I hadn't seen him be a vocal leader like that in the past...

*Either Reggie has figured out how to run (North and South) or the Steelers are the first team not to key on him. The fumbling "problem" (I won't call it a problem yet really) is as simple as Tiki Barber's to cure because it's the exact same problem. He's gotta focus this offseason on carrying the ball higher and closer to his body.

*We were burnt only once when we blitzed, and that's because Craft and MM took each other out... I think every other time we sent 6 or more men the Steelers could do nothing...

You understand the game. :yes:

Thanks... I guess it was just so good no one had anything else to add...

:D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom