Couple of thoughts from the game, and Brees 4th down play (1 Viewer)

steno2

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
So, I was at the game and let me tell you I can vouch at least in my section there was some frustrated fans... Some were booing which I don't think is called for at least yet... So here's my 2 measly cents:

Defense... (the condensed version)

The D is just plain bad, come on be honest with yourself if you disagree. But I one thing I noticed was they seem like they wait for the play to come to them, I just don't think their awareness of how to react to a given play is fast enough or even happening.
-on running plays they're not shooting gaps and getting off blocks it was ugly I saw way to many OL getting to the second level and we never shed those block, Anthony needs to be moved back to MLB imo, he did not do well.

Why is Byrd like 25 yards back I have never seen someone soo consistently deep he rarely helped out on rushing and had a horrible game. Byrd I swear at the end of a game I saw him let up on a tackle, he could have rushed in but let up, that is really disappointing. That guy... wow just wow.... And then of course his mistackles getting juked and faked my lord...

Special Teams...
Good field goal 56 yarder nice, bad punt return. smh I don't want to talk about it.

Brees...
I'm not gonna bash Brees, he had a weird game. But one play in particular, the 4th and 21 play. Basically the last play of the game, if we don't convert it's over. He decided to run! I mean why? He gained like 4 yards are you kidding me. HE SHOULD HAVE THROWN IT.
-This is the game, just throw it into traffic and hope someone makes a play. It was a poor decision to run. Do ya'll think he was trying to protect his stats? He might have been afraid of another interception but Brees has to take that risk otherwise WE LOSE. Which then happened because he his old *** can't sprint for 21 yards... Or lateral it or something don't just fall down like an old grandma getting pushed down out of the way at a family reunion when food is being served. Wth...

Was fourth down and a mile, you got to throw that ball and maybe get a call from the refs, which they were not calling anything on Atlanta .

On the 4th down play, there was a defensive lineman about to sack him. There's no way he could have gotten the pass off. Can't fault him for that play.

On the 4th down play, there was a defensive lineman about to sack him. There's no way he could have gotten the pass off. Can't fault him for that play.

He had time to throw. And could have chucked up something before he ran, then he down when that DB came at him. Lame...

He had time to throw. And could have chucked up something before he ran, then he down when that DB came at him. Lame...

He was grabbed around the neck and barely got out. When he wiggled out, he was past the LOS and couldn't go backwards.

He was not running on purpose.

He was grabbed around the neck and barely got out. When he wiggled out, he was past the LOS and couldn't go backwards.

^ This.

He was trying to find space to throw and was forced beyond the line of scrimmage. He was in no man's land at that point.

I thought the same thing. He was still looking to throw, until he noticed he was past the line of scrimmage, so he took the ball and try to get what he could.

I was with you all the way until the very end when you got to Brees.

Brees was the only reason that garbage game didn't have a score of 50-6.

I agree with you on everything else though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom