Cover albums that are done by artists you like. (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I like it when artists do cover songs. Post yours.

Weezer did a great job of covering some classic 80's music and Bad Religion did a Christmas Album which is pretty ironic.

Sublime's 40oz to Freedom has a fun mix between originals and cover songs.

Last edited:
dread zeppelin

/thread

I was looking for a Dread Zeppelin Thread, than once that didn't come up with any matches, YouTubed Dread Zeppelin. It's a funny band, but that's about as far as they go for me.

Love this covers tribute album to HUM, one of my all-time favorite bands...

What makes it doubly awesome is one of my fraternity bro's ex-band covered Stars, which is my fav song by them as well...

a1774434568_10.jpg

The Late Great Daniel Johnston is awesome
if y'all don't know from Daniel Johnston:
Daniel Dale Johnston (January 22, 1961 – c. September 11, 2019) was an American singer-songwriter and visual artist regarded as a significant figure in outsider, lo-fi, and alternative music scenes. Most of his work consisted of cassettes recorded alone in his home, and his music was frequently cited for its "pure" and "childlike" qualities.

Johnston spent extended periods in psychiatric institutions[4] and was diagnosed with schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. He gathered a local following in the 1980s by passing out tapes of his music while working at a McDonald's in Austin, Texas. His cult status was propelled when Nirvana's Kurt Cobain was seen wearing a T-shirt that featured artwork from Johnston's 1983 album Hi, How Are You.

Beyond music, Johnston was accomplished as a visual artist, with his illustrations exhibited at various galleries around the world. In 2005, his struggles with mental illness was the subject of the documentary The Devil and Daniel Johnston. He died in 2019 of what is suspected to have been a heart attack.

this album is a 2 cd collection with his songs on one and the covers on another
his songs are wonderful in their own right, and some of the covers really hit

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom