COVID-19 - lifestyle and activity thread (1 Viewer)

When someone walks by you, even if 6-10 feet away and cough.. do you get upset? I feel like I am.

only working 30 hrs a week now, down from 55+. i qualify for unemployment here in ohio plus $600 from the fed.

I never thought I'd see the day i'd take a government check.

on a better note i've corrected my slice.

well the insanity is officially on. Needed to go to Walmart this morning and they now are only allowing so many in the store at a time. Which at face value seems like a good idea. But outside the have a line that goes all the way down the front of the building almost wrapping around at this point. Letting some go in whenever somebody comes out. But there is nothing that they are doing to keep this line spaced out. So all these people that would normally be inside a huge store all spread out, are right on top of each other coughs and all.

I believe this calls for a Victorian renascence of the crinoline for both men and woman. (although these women pictured are leaning in which is wrong)
Crinoline: The Deadly Victorian Fashion Piece That Burned Over ...

well the insanity is officially on. Needed to go to Walmart this morning and they now are only allowing so many in the store at a time. Which at face value seems like a good idea. But outside the have a line that goes all the way down the front of the building almost wrapping around at this point.
my friend in NYC said the line outside the Trader Joes was about 6 blocks long when he passed it (about a week ago)

LOL. My wife and I did this with @CapitalCitySaint and TPS and his kid last Friday. It was a blast. I'm hosting quarantine poker for the guys this weekend. Just using my GoToMeeting that I have for work to video conference.

Please tell TPS hey for me. Been too long since I last saw him here. Hope he's doing well.

well I have to go tomorrow. I'm eating beans today and in the morning I'm bringing hot pork skins and hot rootbeer to drink in line. With all the coughing and eruptions (from both ends) I should be able to maintain my personal space.

I got back on the workout horse a few weeks ago. Yesterday I started a Peloton Treadmill bootcamp. That was a 20min class. Today was a 30min class. Tomorrow is a 45min class.

This crap might kill me but I'll go down looking like a Greek Adonis.........

or a physically fit Mr Bean.... Yea, probably more like that...

Always been a big bar-b-quer, but almost all pork with a few birds at times.

I am going to take this down time to learn how to do a brisket. Already completed one. It was actually better than I thought it would be, but still too tough for anyone's liking. pulled it at 190 degrees. will try 180 this time.

i am able to keep the temp from getting over 225 degrees, although it sometimes drops close to 200.
using a weber smokey mountain but may switch if this one does not turn out to my liking

Stay at 225, but take the brisket to 200 or 204.

Are you wrapping in pink paper? If not, you should and then put it in a cooler to rest for at least half an hour.

Oh, and hopefully you're not just trying the flat.

Buying prime is like cheating, fyi.

So I thought i had the perfect solution to the quarantine blues.. i picked up tennis for the first time about 3 years ago, fell in love with it, but then got busy and haven’t played for about the last year.. so this past weekend , i met up with this guy who also belongs to the racquet club i belong to (which recently closed due to the virus).. he said he knew of some public courts that might be open, so we met there and sure enough, they were open.. so we’re playing, turns out he and i were pretty evenly matched in terms of skill level and i got a really good workout while staying like 30 feet apart most of the time, it was perfect.. . ‘Man, i thought to myself, this is gonna work out great!’... So we’re done playing, and we’re BSing afterwards when he starts asking about the cute blond girl who had been playing on the court next to us, with some guy who was dark-skinned , maybe half-black or Hispanic, i dont know.. He says ‘Do you think they’re together ?’ ‘I’m not sure’ i said, he was barking out instructions to her like a coach.. He says ‘I think theyre together’.. then he looks at me, this guy I’d only met an hour before, and says 100% serious: “That’s the problem with their generation- theyve been brainwashed to think that interracial dating is okay“ and then continues to lecture me on the evils of mixing races, how “they’re taking all our good ones”, etc... So... then I thought, ‘Hmm- I’ve been playing tennis with David Duke.’

Turns out he wasnt David Duke, but he actually did look a lot like him.. so now I’m torn; i really want to get out of the house and play tennis, but i really dont want to socialize with this dude, and it’s kind of hard to play if you’re not going to talk and get to know people a little... Not really sure at this point what I’m going to do.

They just closed the courts at my club saying that there's no real way to avoid personal contact due to the reuse of balls. Be safe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom