COVID-19 - lifestyle and activity thread (4 Viewers)

They just closed the courts at my club saying that there's no real way to avoid personal contact due to the reuse of balls. Be safe.

Funny that you posted this; I just got a text a few minutes ago from racist guy asking if i wanted to play tennis tomorrow.. The club i belong to has been closed for like a month now, but there are random public courts around town that, as least as of a few days ago, are open.. I’ll probably take him up on it, since i really miss playing tennis, and i guess maybe we can both just wear gloves, or figure something out.

Funny that you posted this; I just got a text a few minutes ago from racist guy asking if i wanted to play tennis tomorrow.. The club i belong to has been closed for like a month now, but there are random public courts around town that, as least as of a few days ago, are open.. I’ll probably take him up on it, since i really miss playing tennis, and i guess maybe we can both just wear gloves, or figure something out.

Seems like gloves would be the cure. The only thing you're both touching are the balls and it's not like either of you are likely to be hit in the mouth with one.

I did a butt todayIMG_20200404_142509.jpg

Dumb & Dumber: Look at the Butt on that! He must Work Out on Make ...

Seems like gloves would be the cure. The only thing you're both touching are the balls and it's not like either of you are likely to be hit in the mouth with one.

Or you can wash your hands. It's the same effect.

Or you can wash your hands. It's the same effect.

I knw what I posted sounded like humor, but it wasn't.

Sweaty tennis players exchanging balls with or without gloves doesn't prevent an exchange of material.

Sweatbands, headbands and towels on tennis players are ubiquitous because they're sweaty, wet and covered in organic material.. Washing your hands afterwards is likely not safe.

You ever watch tennis? I really don't, but I don't believe it's safe to play and would suggest that nobody in their right mind would play with someone known to be carrying CV. So, at this point, I am assuming everyone is a carrier including myself. I think that's a realistic POV so you're welcome to disagree.

Sweaty tennis players exchanging balls with or without gloves doesn't prevent an exchange of material.

Sweatbands, headbands and towels on tennis players are ubiquitous because they're sweaty, wet and covered in organic material.. Washing your hands afterwards is likely not safe.

You ever watch tennis? I really don't, but I don't believe it's safe to play and would suggest that nobody in their right mind would play with someone known to be carrying CV. So, at this point, I am assuming everyone is a carrier including myself. I think that's a realistic POV so you're welcome to disagree.

What I'm saying is that wearing gloves doesn't protect you or anyone else any better than washing your hands. You don't absorb the virus through your hands.

• 1Like
Reactions: dtc

So racist guy and i made plans to play today.. but honestly I couldn’t sleep much last night, what with worrying about how to keep myself from catching the Covid while playing, since I’m a heavy sweater and tend to go through multiple towels during a one hour match, meaning i‘m constantly touching and wiping my face... if this quarantine goes on long enough, i may decide it’s worth the risk to get out of the house and hit some balls around in the sun- but as for now, i think I’ll hold off.

• 1Like
Reactions: dtc
woke up before 9. ate a red velvet cake slice, ugh red velvet sucks arse though i suffered through, which a friend dropped off as, she called it, "an edible."

i feel weird, as if i am high. weird. maybe i am allergic to red velvet cake?

woke up before 9. ate a red velvet cake slice, ugh red velvet sucks arse though i suffered through, which a friend dropped off as, she called it, "an edible."

maybe wti d thread

You've obviously never played tennis with me

I share your hatred of red velvet....it is the scourge of cakes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom