COVID-19 - lifestyle and activity thread (9 Viewers)

Got a 12 lb brisket in the smoker now.. It's been going since 9 last night. Right at 165 but I'm going to wait for the temp to notch up a bit before wrapping it. May not wrap it at all. Will post pics later.

Did our weekly grocery run today.

If my wife asks, they were out of hams, which is why we're having brisket for Easter. :winkthumb:

I did my own pedicure today which did not include a foot/lower leg massage and took twice as long as it does at the nail salon and my back is killing me now. I need quarantine to end.

Just finished a 30 min workout using the TRX. It's not free weights, but beggars can't be choosers. I try to do this 4-5 times a week, which is more than I used to go to the YMCA. Just can't get too good of a chest workout with it.

Just finished a 30 min workout using the TRX. It's not free weights, but beggars can't be choosers. I try to do this 4-5 times a week, which is more than I used to go to the YMCA. Just can't get too good of a chest workout with it.
if you're over 35 or so, i think TRX is much better workout than weights
(and im not just saying this bc Drew brought TRX over to our school and demonstrated how to use them)

if you're over 35 or so, i think TRX is much better workout than weights
(and im not just saying this bc Drew brought TRX over to our school and demonstrated how to use them)

I like TRX for the stretching and core engagement with most every exercise done. It's an amazingly versatile, yet simple piece of equipment. I'm not a meathead trying to bulk up like Arnold, but I do like to use dumbbells for bench and flies. I've found several chest exercises on YouTubes but every one of them requires the triceps, so if those aren't strong, they will fatigue before the chest. With dumbbells and doing flies, the triceps fatigue is not an issue.

I'm leaning that way too. I like the moisture wrapping imparts to the surface but I've gotten great results without wrapping as well. Think I'll just let it ride and wrap afterwards for FTC.
I do both. I wrap in foil basically because it speeds cooking then take it back out of the foil and bring the bark back. Also increases the smoke flavor because the moisture sucks up the smoke....just have to be careful not to go to heavy on the smoke when bringing the bark back.

Another trick I discovered by accident last year. I'll often split the cook into 2 sessions. After the first session last year I vacuum sealer it and froze it for a few days so I could finish it later in the week when we were camping. Best brisket I've ever made. I think the act of vacuum sealing it drove that flavor through it.....it was fantastic.

I do both. I wrap in foil basically because it speeds cooking then take it back out of the foil and bring the bark back. Also increases the smoke flavor because the moisture sucks up the smoke....just have to be careful not to go to heavy on the smoke when bringing the bark back.

Another trick I discovered by accident last year. I'll often split the cook into 2 sessions. After the first session last year I vacuum sealer it and froze it for a few days so I could finish it later in the week when we were camping. Best brisket I've ever made. I think the act of vacuum sealing it drove that flavor through it.....it was fantastic.

Interesting. I might have to try that sometime.

Sliced pic please!! Looks great!

Will do. Still resting for now. There was a section of the flat that seemed a bit dry, so we'll see. Hoping the resting period helps with that. The point seemed perfect though.

Will do. Still resting for now. There was a section of the flat that seemed a bit dry, so we'll see. Hoping the resting period helps with that. The point seemed perfect though.

There always is. The resting will help.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom