COVID-19 - lifestyle and activity thread (2 Viewers)

I did my own pedicure today which did not include a foot/lower leg massage and took twice as long as it does at the nail salon and my back is killing me now. I need quarantine to end.
I hope you only use 5-free or 7-free polish.

Last night I drank lots of bourbon and beer. Felt ok for most of the day. Made homemade tacos with homemade seasoning. Went a tad heavy on the cayenne pepper. But was awesome.

20 minutes later I heard the most sinister sound coming from my lower abdomen. I destroyed the downstairs toilet. Went upstairs for round 2. What came out of me was violent. I became nauseous and weak. It literally felt like I was prolapsing as my soul left my body.

My wife was kind enough to draw me a bath. Worst bathroom experience since February of 2018.

I did my own pedicure today which did not include a foot/lower leg massage and took twice as long as it does at the nail salon and my back is killing me now. I need quarantine to end.

giphy.gif

That looks very pretty. Flats were made to be dry. That's the part you make chili out of,

Flats don't have to be dry. It depends on how you prepare it and how you cook it.

And I thought chili was made from pulled pork, white beans and quinoa? Well, real Texas chili anyway.

Flats don't have to be dry. It depends on how you prepare it and how you cook it.

And I thought chili was made from pulled pork, white beans and quinoa? Well, real Texas chili anyway.

I have had a few good flats but most of mine have at least some parts that dry out quickly. I like the point better anyway.

And you’re right about chili but sometimes I like to slum.

I think flat results depend more on the quality of meat probably. Prime brisket flat is going to have more fat and be more forgiving. This was a standard choice Walmart brisket.

I have had a few good flats but most of mine have at least some parts that dry out quickly. I like the point better anyway.

And you’re right about chili but sometimes I like to slum.

Yeah some parts can go dry, especially if the brisket goes to a really thin edge. That's why I'm usually very picky about my brisket. I try to buy as uniform thickness as possible. I do inject with beef broth and do use the Texas crutch which helps it to not dry out. I used to not wrap briskets at all, but then I realized the crutch makes it go much faster, and it gets the same tenderness. I also started smoking them at 325 which speeds it up as well. Wrap it, get to 200 IT, then FTC. They're always moist and tender. Maybe not competition Q quality, but I don't care.

I think flat results depend more on the quality of meat probably. Prime brisket flat is going to have more fat and be more forgiving. This was a standard choice Walmart brisket.
Also....a flat is 2" thinner and leaner than the point. You're better off at some point in the cook separating them and pulling at different times. I normally do it when I'm cubing the tip up. Brisket is finicky and it takes several to get the groove down. After you master the brisket if you're still wanting a challenge do some beef ribs.....those will drive you crazy trying to nail those but when you do they're pretty awesome.

Went on a bike ride and always enjoy the views. I just love natural beauty! Also went and bought some wine.

This could be the first post to ever tie mountain biking and wine. hmmm.

Get out there!

1586237227496.png

Working from home for the past few weeks I've learned there's a parade in the hallway around 10 a.m. every day.

That's when my granddaughter, age 2, and my daughter, age 34, parade down the hallway in the buff going from the guest bathroom to the guest bedroom.

"Towels, anyone?" I asked one day.

"I breast fed the kid for a year. If anybody's got a problem with nudity, they can just get over it," she said.

We never could get her to keep her clothes on when she was a kid either. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom