COVID-19 - lifestyle and activity thread (1 Viewer)

Brennan77

Bass Manager
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Sticky Post
So we're all being affected one way or another. For me, my job has been drastically affected. My wife's role at the hospital is completely fluid at the moment. The day care is closed so our two year old needs daily care. And we'll be welcoming a newborn in the next 6-8 weeks. Needless to say, it's a lot of unknown and change in a very short period of time. And the lack of a real timeline is less than comforting.

I'd like to make a thread that is separate from the main update thread or humor thread, which I believe both serve important purposes on their own. I'd like this to be a place to discuss change, frustrations, excitements, joys, and pains. Feel free to share your struggles, thoughts, ideas and tips, or even pictures of your bored kids.

-Brennan

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
will Covid kill the brassiere?
60% of what my wife talks about is wondering if she can ever go back to a time when she's wearing a bra most of the day
most women on Twitters seem to express a similar concern

will women go back to bras??

Beast

Former Camp Beast
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
How'd it turn out? Looks cooked well. What did you use for the rub?
It came out nicely. Seemed to hit a late stall (in the 180s) with the internal temperature even dropping a few degrees. It didn't have much fat on it to start with (part of why I picked it cause I hate paying for something I'm going to trim for the most part). The flat was better than my last one I think. I kinda feel like I need to probe for tenderness more often than I do b/c I tend to have a temperature target in mind and don't deviate usually.

The rub was John Henry's East Texas Brisket Rub. It's one of my favorites.

0rion

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I just bought a brisket yesterday to do at some point. Have a pork butt thawing in the fridge now that's gonna get cooked in the next day or two.

Booker

All-Pro
Reaction score
I got my kids a basketball goal over the weekend. Almost got them one for Christmas, but decided it wouldn't be a good gift for Dec-Jan weather in Colorado, plus there are nearby parks we could go to. Fast forward a few months (when all the parks are still closed) and I needed to find them something to do other than play video games. I mentioned it to my wife and she said "do it." Other people might be having the same idea, because I went online and found exactly one available for in-store pickup among nearby sporting goods stores.

Anyway, after getting it put together (which of course took twice as long as it was supposed to -- doh!) I'm regretting not having gotten one sooner. The boys spent hours on it yesterday, and for the rest of the time I have to work from home I'm looking forward to being able to go outside at lunch to shoot the ball with them for a little.

0rion

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Quick kid brag....we finished up the school year here and dropped off Chromebooks and picked up stuff. My daughter killed it this year. 5 awards. Most outstanding student in reading, most outstanding student in math, a honor roll, most outstanding student 8th grade, and Honor society. Extremely proud of her. She's very driven and is going to accomplish her dreams. She wants to be a lawyer.....I see no reason she won't be.

Attachments

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom