COVID-19 - lifestyle and activity thread (3 Viewers)

Brennan77

Bass Manager
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Sticky Post
So we're all being affected one way or another. For me, my job has been drastically affected. My wife's role at the hospital is completely fluid at the moment. The day care is closed so our two year old needs daily care. And we'll be welcoming a newborn in the next 6-8 weeks. Needless to say, it's a lot of unknown and change in a very short period of time. And the lack of a real timeline is less than comforting.

I'd like to make a thread that is separate from the main update thread or humor thread, which I believe both serve important purposes on their own. I'd like this to be a place to discuss change, frustrations, excitements, joys, and pains. Feel free to share your struggles, thoughts, ideas and tips, or even pictures of your bored kids.

-Brennan

Rickboy

Nom Nom Nom Nom.. me hungry for a SuperBowl
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Just finished Peloton's 4 week strength training program. I think my arms might fall off. But I love the progress I made. I think I'm going to start with burpees tomorrow.

Heathen Saint

"Socially distanced"
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Also, and not to take away from anything you said, you also reminded me of how cheap men are in San Diego. I haven't been able to figure out if they don't want to seriously date someone (I am 40 okay...not like I'm 22) because they are immature and still very inexperienced (never been married and/or don't have kids and don't know how to take anyone other than themselves into consideration) or if it's because it's expensive to live here and most are cheap and can't afford to take women on proper dates. I don't know but men in the south are different (better) and I miss it.
Yeah nah men from the south suck too (raises hand sheepishly).

But in all seriousness...if I have another dude awkwardly hold the door open from me when i'm 100 feet away I'll lose my sheete.

CapitalCitySaint

99% Practice; 1% Theory
Reaction score
So I went online to order some Saints face masks.... they are all on back order. Is anyone here or does anyone here know of anyone who is making some decent looking ones?

CapitalCitySaint

99% Practice; 1% Theory
Reaction score
Hey, you never know. I know of a few who met through SR and eventually married. :hihi:
Falling in love and living happily ever after with a fellow Saints fan would be ideal! Would make football season go very smoothly.

Total change of subject but I need to rant about something that has happened twice now.

First time was last week, I was jogging back to my house after my workout at the park one day after work (Tuesday I believe). I was jogging down Park Blvd. which is a VERY popular running, walking and bike route because that road goes down to Balboa Park, the zoo, etc. Anyway, there was this woman who looked to be about in her 40's walking with a very fragile old woman with a walker. They were coming the opposite direction of me. So there is the sidewalk, about 3 feet of rocks between the sidewalk and street, then cars parked all along the street. So I move to the rocks so they can have the sidewalk. The birch puts her hand out and tells me to keep my distance (I'm already in the forking rocks).

I'm sorry...but if meemaw is that fragile that simply passing on A POPULAR; BUSY SIDEWALK AFTER WORK WHERE TONS OF PEOPLE ARE WALKING/JOGGING, then meemaw needs to stay home and take her walking during a less busy time and probably not on a public sidewalk.

Then on Saturday, 3 of my girlfriends and I got a hotel room overlooking the ocean in Carlsbad. We decided to go walk down to the beach and walk along the beach. The beaches are open but you have to either go get on the water to surf, swim, kayak or keep it moving. Anyway, this old white lady who was NOT wearing a mask and had too much plastic surgery, was approaching us from the opposite direction as we had just crossed the street at an intersection and literally put her arm out and told us to keep our distance from her.

Again, if she's THAT concerned, she needs to be wearing a mask and not talking shirt to people merely passing her by at a public intersection along the PCH where walking in the street is not a forking option. Or just keep her anorexic arse at home. I'm really sick of people. They make me want to fight.

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Falling in love and living happily ever after with a fellow Saints fan would be ideal! Would make football season go very smoothly.

Total change of subject but I need to rant about something that has happened twice now.

First time was last week, I was jogging back to my house after my workout at the park one day after work (Tuesday I believe). I was jogging down Park Blvd. which is a VERY popular running, walking and bike route because that road goes down to Balboa Park, the zoo, etc. Anyway, there was this woman who looked to be about in her 40's walking with a very fragile old woman with a walker. They were coming the opposite direction of me. So there is the sidewalk, about 3 feet of rocks between the sidewalk and street, then cars parked all along the street. So I move to the rocks so they can have the sidewalk. The birch puts her hand out and tells me to keep my distance (I'm already in the forking rocks).

I'm sorry...but if meemaw is that fragile that simply passing on A POPULAR; BUSY SIDEWALK AFTER WORK WHERE TONS OF PEOPLE ARE WALKING/JOGGING, then meemaw needs to stay home and take her walking during a less busy time and probably not on a public sidewalk.

Then on Saturday, 3 of my girlfriends and I got a hotel room overlooking the ocean in Carlsbad. We decided to go walk down to the beach and walk along the beach. The beaches are open but you have to either go get on the water to surf, swim, kayak or keep it moving. Anyway, this old white lady who was NOT wearing a mask and had too much plastic surgery, was approaching us from the opposite direction as we had just crossed the street at an intersection and literally put her arm out and told us to keep our distance from her.

Again, if she's THAT concerned, she needs to be wearing a mask and not talking shirt to people merely passing her by at a public intersection along the PCH where walking in the street is not a forking option. Or just keep her anorexic arse at home. I'm really sick of people. They make me want to fight.
People suck.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Yeah, sometimes people are great, and sometimes people are major butt crevasses. The dummies not wearing masks and then expecting other people to act a certain way need to stay at home or get with the program.

I'll wear a mask in the store or public buildings, but if I'm jogging on the sidewalk or walking by the lake, I'll give people a reasonable amount of space. I haven't had anyone here act like that, but if they did, I'm not sure I'd have a nice response for them. I like my space and generally prefer to leave people alone and be left alone. Wanting to fight is a feeling I can relate to, lol.

Twice already though. Maybe time to move?:hihi:

DadsDream

Dreaming of a SAINTS Super Bowl!
Reaction score
Wife: My computer's dead. Can you look at it?

1589826127643.png

Me: Let's see, turn off the external monitor. Open the laptop. Power on button not lit. Caps Lock on off, nothing happens. OK, unplug the transformer, count to ten, plug it back in. Press the power on button. OK, HP icon with twirling dots started. And now . . . ah! As I suspected!

1589826040752.png

Wife: What was wrong?

Me: It was downloading updates and fell asleep and now it's installing the updates.

Wife: Wait, it fell asleep? Why?

Me: Because you didn't interact with it.

Wife: Oh . . . you mean it's a damn MALE computer!

Me: <SIGH!>

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Headlines

Top Bottom