COVID-19 - lifestyle and activity thread (5 Viewers)

All of the complaints that I read are small but the overall opinion is that it's a really good appliance.

Walmart is known for telling a company that they either have to lower the cost by 5% per year, or improve the product.
So maybe next year the handle issue is solved. Maybe the following year the pellet hopper feeds slightly better when you're running low. Maybe they'll include a bucket for the cleanout one year. It's a way to play Walmart's game without playing Walmart's game. I like pit boss products.

I disagree - Walmart's products are cheaper because they are made cheaper. I have had first hand experiences with cheap made products (including a smoker). A relative that is a manager for Walmart has confirmed this also. Companies are being told all the time to get their products cheaper. I buy only my basic grocery items from Walmart. Meat and anything mechanical I buy somewhere else.

Seems TP is still out on the shelves. Where are you guys buying TP??

Not sure where you are located, but my local Supermarket (H-E-B) has had a reasonable supply of it. Also, the local Dollar store has had TP, Paper Towels, AB soap and household cleaning supplies.

Found some at Walmart. Missed out on the Costco shipment.

I disagree - Walmart's products are cheaper because they are made cheaper. I have had first hand experiences with cheap made products (including a smoker). A relative that is a manager for Walmart has confirmed this also. Companies are being told all the time to get their products cheaper. I buy only my basic grocery items from Walmart. Meat and anything mechanical I buy somewhere else.
They do that too. You'll get no argument from me. Never buy electronics from them. The difference with that grill is, if I'm not mistaken, is that it's only sold there. There won't be a better version elsewhere.

Help! Too much online shopping.

Also...today I went on a walk down to Balboa Park. As I was walking back, a crackhead lady rides up to this area across the street from the park on a bike, cussing and throws the bike down in the street and says to some guys who apparently knew her "fork this and fork everyone and everything (and a whole slew of other curse words).

The other homeless crackhead guys she was "complaining" to were all: "Jan, hold on what happened?" And she goes on a tirade saying "fork the forking police and fork all these mother forkers who live indoors!"

Never heard myself referred to as someone who lives indoors. From now on when people ask where I live, that will be my answer.

holy moly. almost 5 am. i have been watching forensic files, on pluto, for hours apparently.

yeah, i may be late for my 8 am meeting .... unless i continue watching forensic files.

holy moly. almost 5 am. i have been watching forensic files, on pluto, for hours apparently.

yeah, i may be late for my 8 am meeting .... unless i continue watching forensic files.
yup. still awake. may as well wait and grab some breakfast at 7. hopefully i crash after my 8am meeting.

Changed the kitchen faucet, because the old one was leaking. Did the job in about 15 minutes after buying it at Home Depot. Sawzall saved about 15 minutes of fiddling with the old faucet. Awesome invention.

1588891257101.png

"The Sawzall® was invented in 1951 and was the "first portable electric hacksaw," as the Milwaukee company site puts it".

Changed the kitchen faucet, because the old one was leaking. Did the job in about 15 minutes after buying it at Home Depot. Sawzall saved about 15 minutes of fiddling with the old faucet. Awesome invention.

1588891257101.png

"The Sawzall® was invented in 1951 and was the "first portable electric hacksaw," as the Milwaukee company site puts it".

Sawzalls are wonderful, wonderful things

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom