COVID-19 - lifestyle and activity thread (2 Viewers)

Dang Covid. Every cola I buy at the cornerstore is flat. Diet, regular, Sprite, Dr Pepper you reach in for a nice cold drink and dang it if it's not lifeless. Turned me into a tea drinker...

I honestly dont know what to do

Beginning to feel like freaking Job
At the end of 2000, got Guillain-Barre. Recovered just to get into a serious head on wreck that i was never supposed to walk again.

Had a wrwck that wasnt my fault in 2015 that once again recovering was iffy but i did. Another wreck at the end of 2017 that wasnt my fault that i have already had 2 surgeries from and a crapload of physical therapy and I still cant walk right and am in xtreme pain daily.

Now I have lost my business that i have had for 18 years

I keep trying to have a good attitude and laugh at things but I cant stand the thought of living off my wife. I dunno....things just hitting me hard tonight. Its getting difficult fimding reasons to keep on trying

At the end of 2000, got Guillain-Barre. Recovered just to get into a serious head on wreck that i was never supposed to walk again.

Had a wrwck that wasnt my fault in 2015 that once again recovering was iffy but i did. Another wreck at the end of 2017 that wasnt my fault that i have already had 2 surgeries from and a crapload of physical therapy and I still cant walk right and am in xtreme pain daily.

I keep trying to have a good attitude and laugh at things but I cant stand the thought of living off my wife. I dunno....things just hitting me hard tonight. Its getting difficult fimding reasons to keep on trying
that is absolutely terrible. terrible. i don't know what to say. i'd try to post a bunch of cool words, but i seriously don't know what to put here.

i'm a complete mess, not just 3rd party related, but seeing friends in really, really, bad situations who are awesome and not guilty, hell, even guilty, in pain scares me.

i <3 you dago. i will help you however i can.

We all have things that beat us down. Some more than others and some beat downs are worse than others. When I get those down times when I feel like I'm in over my head I think of a couple friends I have....Bob and Karla. Bob and Karla are some of the nicest people I've ever met. Karla has never met a stranger. She's so outgoing and bubbly you'd think her life is unicorns and rainbows. Bob and Karla have a daughter Chelsea. Chelsea is ~20 and has severe MS. She can't speak, walk, or feed herself. When we're together most of their time is spent caring for Chelsea. They feed her before they eat, carry her from her wheelchair to the restroom, etc etc. I'm in complete awe of them because I honestly don't know how they get through the day....much less every day for about the last 20 years.......20 years. If they can do that and still smile then there is zero excuses for me to find a reason to smile. I've come to believe this....no matter how bad you think you have it somewhere down deep you have it in you to press on and find those things in life that make you smile. Right now you might not see a path through all this but it's there....just look for it.

That sounds rough. You have every right to feel like you do.

Your wife keeps at it. Most people bail when things get tough. She must love you a lot. Having things go bad isn't your fault. The only way to let her down is to quit trying.

It's 3am certifying that I have again joined team no-sleep. We are at the hospital with our newborn, scheduled to be discharged in the morning. It's been an interesting experience being here during this time. Not having visitors has actually been nice for allowing whatever sleep was going to be possible. A nurse told us this morning that the restrictions on husbands or support guests had been lifted so that I was able to leave the room. I immediately hooked us up with sandwiches for lunch as breakfast proved inedible. Then we splurged for dinner and got an awesome takeout meal from a local bistro. With the timing of it, it was honestly our best meal in a long time. I can't wait to get home tomorrow to introduce our two year old to her new sister. Then maybe some day this week I can get 30 minutes of sleep in my own bed.

It's 3am certifying that I have again joined team no-sleep. We are at the hospital with our newborn, scheduled to be discharged in the morning. It's been an interesting experience being here during this time. Not having visitors has actually been nice for allowing whatever sleep was going to be possible. A nurse told us this morning that the restrictions on husbands or support guests had been lifted so that I was able to leave the room. I immediately hooked us up with sandwiches for lunch as breakfast proved inedible. Then we splurged for dinner and got an awesome takeout meal from a local bistro. With the timing of it, it was honestly our best meal in a long time. I can't wait to get home tomorrow to introduce our two year old to her new sister. Then maybe some day this week I can get 30 minutes of sleep in my own bed.
Congrats on the new addition!

Congrats!!!

While I can't imagine what you're going through, I know from personal experiences about dealing with loss and being literally forced to change careers. About 4 years ago, I realized that my calling to ministry for 18 years was at the end of the road and it was time to go a different direction. It was something I absolutely loved to do and was dealing with depression and anger for a good bit of that time. It wasn't constant, but I would have bouts of it every now and then and I had to keep myself busy looking and considering a new career.

As you might recall, that led to the job search thread here and the frustrations with that. My wife and kids had always been supportive of me and we stuck with it until I finally found my current job. Sometimes loss can lead to other opportunities. Maybe rebuild the dreams you once had, or start dreaming of something new. I had to work a couple of dead end jobs to survive, but they can be stepping stones to the rebuilding or starting a new career. I have no doubt you'll get there. Hang in there man and you've got friends here pulling for you and willing to help where they can.

As zeetes eloquently stated, we <3 you dago!

Take care man.

While what you've been through is no doubt a difficult road, keep in mind that right now we are all being forced to sit with ourselves and all of our bullshirt. The distractions that kept us focused on something more productive, positive or simply to avoid thinking about a particular thing; have faded.

I am not suggesting that having distractions is a good or bad thing; just that we are all literally being forced to sit and think about ALLLLLL the things good and bad. Because we are human beings, we tend to focus more on the negative. I certainly have. For the past 2.5 months, I've probably reflected on every "mistake" or bad thing I've ever done in my life or had happen to me. It's uncomfortable and at times you can feel helpless, unable to move forward because we literally can't plan much right now or simply decide to do something different and go out and do it.

There are good days and very bad days. This is normal.

Also, and not to take away from anything you said, you also reminded me of how cheap men are in San Diego. I haven't been able to figure out if they don't want to seriously date someone (I am 40 okay...not like I'm 22) because they are immature and still very inexperienced (never been married and/or don't have kids and don't know how to take anyone other than themselves into consideration) or if it's because it's expensive to live here and most are cheap and can't afford to take women on proper dates. I don't know but men in the south are different (better) and I miss it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom