COVID-19 - lifestyle and activity thread (3 Viewers)

Why do you think running is more important than other people's lives, especially the vulnerable elderly? It seems you're a bit selfish and could use a bit of public shaming. Also, this is not the time for getting together with your besties. The mayor of New Orleans just said so and even if you're not here the message still applies. You really should check your privileges and revert back to staying home in fear so you don't endanger the lives of the other people who are staying home in fear.

Just to be clear, views like this are very, very rare.

It's big media who wants you to think it's a mainstream attitude. It keeps the liberal/conservative fued going which is the lifeblood for some of them.

Not mentioning any names...

We're taking the camper to the river this weekend. Ohio lifted it's 2 week quarantine today when leaving the state so we're off like a prom dress. The county in PA we're going to moved to "yellow" last week which is a partially open status. We stay on private land there and will be packing everything we need for the weekend. The only time I'll have to interact with anything close to public is when I stop for fuel so very limited contact.

Falling in love and living happily ever after with a fellow Saints fan would be ideal! Would make football season go very smoothly.

Total change of subject but I need to rant about something that has happened twice now.

First time was last week, I was jogging back to my house after my workout at the park one day after work (Tuesday I believe). I was jogging down Park Blvd. which is a VERY popular running, walking and bike route because that road goes down to Balboa Park, the zoo, etc. Anyway, there was this woman who looked to be about in her 40's walking with a very fragile old woman with a walker. They were coming the opposite direction of me. So there is the sidewalk, about 3 feet of rocks between the sidewalk and street, then cars parked all along the street. So I move to the rocks so they can have the sidewalk. The birch puts her hand out and tells me to keep my distance (I'm already in the forking rocks).

I'm sorry...but if meemaw is that fragile that simply passing on A POPULAR; BUSY SIDEWALK AFTER WORK WHERE TONS OF PEOPLE ARE WALKING/JOGGING, then meemaw needs to stay home and take her walking during a less busy time and probably not on a public sidewalk.

Then on Saturday, 3 of my girlfriends and I got a hotel room overlooking the ocean in Carlsbad. We decided to go walk down to the beach and walk along the beach. The beaches are open but you have to either go get on the water to surf, swim, kayak or keep it moving. Anyway, this old white lady who was NOT wearing a mask and had too much plastic surgery, was approaching us from the opposite direction as we had just crossed the street at an intersection and literally put her arm out and told us to keep our distance from her.

Again, if she's THAT concerned, she needs to be wearing a mask and not talking shirt to people merely passing her by at a public intersection along the PCH where walking in the street is not a forking option. Or just keep her anorexic arse at home. I'm really sick of people. They make me want to fight.

You need to go hangout in Ocean Beach. I know it has reputation for being a hippy beach but I had some of my best times out there. Good people. It’s just a pain to find a parking spot sometimes but worth it. Well at least that’s how it was when i lived out there 15 years ago and visited a couple of years ago.

Just to be clear, views like this are very, very rare.

It's big media who wants you to think it's a mainstream attitude. It keeps the liberal/conservative fued going which is the lifeblood for some of them.

Not mentioning any names...

My neighborhood Facebook page is full of this stuff. There's a reason my post wasn't immediately taken as satire. That's because people think this way at a rate that is far from 'very very rare' and we've all seen it. My neighbor had the cops called on them for having drinks with the other neighbor on their porch. The top post on my neighborhood Facebook page is a group freak out session due to runners spitting on the sidewalk, which can apparently leave indestructible covid juice on the concrete. And don't get them started on people working out outdoors without masks, or God forbid, children playing in the playground or open field. Hell, there's even a post about calling the authorities to address two ladies having a conversation near the cucumbers at Breaux Mart. This is unfortunately very very real.

My neighborhood Facebook page is full of this stuff. There's a reason my post wasn't immediately taken as satire. That's because people think this way at a rate that is far from 'very very rare' and we've all seen it. My neighbor had the cops called on them for having drinks with the other neighbor on their porch. The top post on my neighborhood Facebook page is a group freak out session due to runners spitting on the sidewalk, which can apparently leave indestructible covid juice on the concrete. And don't get them started on people working out outdoors without masks, or God forbid, children playing in the playground or open field. Hell, there's even a post about calling the authorities to address two ladies having a conversation near the cucumbers at Breaux Mart. This is unfortunately very very real.

I was watching Winter Soldier yesterday and noticed the line from the Hydra computer scientist guy in the bunker.

"What we did not realize is that if you try to take that freedom, they resist. The war taught us much. Humanity needed to surrender its freedom willingly."

and

"Hydra was founded on the belief that humanity could not be trusted with its own freedom,"

"Mine's bigger"

What you read on Facebook is very seldom real. And never a true reflection of what is really going on. I'd suggest staying off Facebook.

What you read on Facebook is very seldom real. And never a true reflection of what is really going on. I'd suggest staying off Facebook.

Kind of like Saintsreport?

Seriously, you'd have to define real. The calls to the cops are real enough. The driving around the neighborhood with cell phones out in order to publicly shame and share with the city is real enough. Closing the flipping field at the park is real. So what's the threshold from not real to real?

But I do get your point. There's online existence and then there's going back to work and quickly forgetting about whatever the hell else is going on because you have a job to do. There's being up all night with a newborn and then trying to cater to the 2 year old who isn't dealing well with no longer being the baby. There's making it back to mass. And there's finding the 900th korok seed in Breath of the Wild.

There's a reason I don't visit the main covid thread much except to drop a line or two. It moves too quickly for me and I probably shouldn't try to participate at all. I honestly wonder how 'real' it is and whether allowing myself to get involved is a good use of time and energy.

Anyway, back to the thread. One thing I hope sticks around after all of this clears is curbside pickup at Chickfila as well as from fine dining restaurants. The first is hyper convenient. The second is awesome when it hits right.

I think the idea is that Facebook is real in that people are actually doing the stuff they are posting, but its not a major representation of society.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom