COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (18 Viewers)

Yes, the US Government paid a large part of the development costs. Pre-paid.

So it looks like it's a little of both. Pfizer's development was independent of the government but they did agree to a contract for 100M doses (nearly $2B worth) so it's not quite either.

Last edited:
If something good came out of Operation Warp speed, I'm all for it. You don't have to be a fan of the administration to appreciate a good thing. Take the wins however we can get em. The sooner we can get ahead of the virus, the better.

If something good came out of Operation Warp speed, I'm all for it. You don't have to be a fan of the administration to appreciate a good thing. Take the wins however we can get em. The sooner we can get ahead of the virus, the better.

I agree - but Warp Speed, as I understand it, is more about the logistics of delivering a vaccine across the United States in a massive effort.

I the history here is that Pfizer has not worked with the administration on its vaccine because it didn't think it needed to and didn't want to let the White House have leverage on the company and its communications to be used for political purposes. So when the VP claims it was a partnership, Pfizer is going to correct the record.

I agree - but Warp Speed, as I understand it, is more about the logistics of delivering a vaccine across the United States in a massive effort.

I the history here is that Pfizer has not worked with the administration on its vaccine because it didn't think it needed to and didn't want to let the White House have leverage on the company and its communications to be used for political purposes. So when the VP claims it was a partnership, Pfizer is going to correct the record.

That makes sense. And understood. Of course the logistics of getting the vaccine distributed is a large undertaking and $2 billion goes a long way to that effort.

I agree, credit needs to be given where due and not given if not deserved. Correcting the record is important, so good points.

60 Minutes had a segment on the logistics aspects last evening. It's incredible in scale to try and wrap your head around.

Looks like the LSU Football team has a COVID outbreak that is putting the game with Alabama this weekend in jeopardy. LSU has no bye weeks and the week between the end of the season an the SEC championship game already has LSU playing Florida for a previously postponed game due to a COVID outbreak at Florida.

Orgeron had previously claimed the "whole team' had already had COVID (which was likely an overstatement and a strange thing to brag about). So, either it's more anecdotal evidence that herd immunity doesn't work or the statement wasn't true.

On a side note, LSU would be much better off canceling this game than playing Alabama this year. :covri:

They have a former QB on the coaching staff. Let Mickey Joseph run the triple option veer offense like he did at Shaw in the late 80's when he was the Gatorade National Player of the Year. Eligibility might be an issue, but apply for an emergency exemption.

They have a former QB on the coaching staff. Let Mickey Joseph run the triple option veer offense like he did at Shaw in the late 80's when he was the Gatorade National Player of the Year. Eligibility might be an issue, but apply for an emergency exemption.

Mickey Joseph was amazing at Shaw.

Anway, I'm sure that they have some guys either playing RB, WR or DB that played as read option QBs in high school. Orgeron has already said that they have moved some guys over to QB but he would not say who.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom