COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (7 Viewers)

I think we need a new term for spreader events. The highest should be renamed Sturgiss-spreader from super-spreader.

I've got COVID. Feeling ok, but had some bad days last week. It goes back to that decision by the facility ownership group for rehab to treat patients on the Covid hot unit. So now we're in the news and it's 4 deaths. Our maintenance supervisor was in ICU and on a vent. was moved off the vent but went into cardiac arrest and passed away :(

very sorry to hear this
but piggybacking on saintgirly's question - this has to be actionable, yes? didn't your company just invite a ****ton of lawsuits?

It's good to see Pfizer was about to do this on its own without government involvement, speaks volume of the free market.

I think it also is a tremendous component of the public's confidence. Had a vaccine come from an effort shrouded with politics, with clear coordination with the White House, I think much of the public would be suspicious.

I don't know if that was part of Pfizer's thinking, but if it was, cheers to them and what may end up being a decision and rationale with tremendous humanitarian benefit. If they have developed a reliable, effective vaccine and can say that "We are Pfizer, a company you trust and we did this on our own and the right way, so you can have confidence in this - we're putting our company's name and legacy on it" . . . that's remarkably good work.

very sorry to hear this
but piggybacking on saintgirly's question - this has to be actionable, yes? didn't your company just invite a ****ton of lawsuits?
I think so and will be looking into it. I’m also going to file a workers comp claim for my missed time.

I think so and will be looking into it. I’m also going to file a workers comp claim for my missed time.

Pulling for you man. Hang in there. My daughter is studying to become an NP, so this definitely gets my attention. I'm really happy she's pursuing it, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit worried.

Since Nov. 7th, additional cases have been reported. Five from the Steelers. Four were contact precautions from the one who tested positive. Big Ben was one of the contact precautions.

Europe continues to look VERY grim.

Here are the latest numbers, I did a 7 day rolling average of new cases per day and these are then adjusted for population (new cases per day / per million people) and a percentage of the USA number at the end. (rounded to closest whole number)

USA: 100,991 per day, 306/million
Germany: 17,060 per day, 206/million (67%)
(This is the first time that Germany has topped 65% on a seven day rolling average of new case vs the USA number.)
Italy: 30,715 per day, 512/million (167%)
The UK: 22,248 per day, 332/million (108%)
France: 38,279 per day, 701/million (229%)
Belgium: 12,440 per day, 1,082/million (354%)

The USA continues to do a very bad job on new cases. Europe is pretty much keeping pace. Germany is now at a (7 day rolling average) of 67% of the new case count of the USA based on population.

The update below is only four days after my last update:

Here are the latest numbers, I did a 7 day rolling average of new cases per day and these are then adjusted for population (new cases per day / per million people) and a percentage of the USA number at the end. (rounded to closest whole number) and if actual numbers are UP or DOWN from 4 days ago.

USA: 123,315 per day, 374/million (UP)
Germany: 18,177 per day, 218/million (52%) (UP)
(The actual real rate of new infection, over a seven day rolling average in Germany is slightly higher, but the USA is going up faster.)
Italy: 33,662 per day, 561/million (150%) (UP)
The UK: 22,842 per day, 341/million (91%) (UP)
France: 46,669 per day, 697/million (186%) (DOWN)
Belgium: 7,075 per day, 693/million (185%) (DOWN)

We get emails about lab tested positive cases at the high school my son attends. This is for students and staff. When school started, the emails were sporadic with no big issues. But lately(last 2-3 weeks), they have been almost daily, with more than 1 email sometimes. And even some on the weekend. It's no coincidence that the increase in cases coincides with more students(parents) opting for in-person instruction rather than virtual in the 2nd 9 week grading period.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom