COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (15 Viewers)

The all-important metric of hospitalization now moving up significantly in the US.

Cases sort of count.

Hospitalizations definitely count (even overall, because we know what the delta is).

Deaths is what really matters. And don't give me the "doctors call everything COVID" or "it wasn't COVID it was pneumonia" *******. Overall death rates are up this year, and it's not more suicides, no matter what Tom Brady says.

Cases sort of count.

Hospitalizations definitely count (even overall, because we know what the delta is).

Deaths is what really matters. And don't give me the "doctors call everything COVID" or "it wasn't COVID it was pneumonia" *******. Overall death rates are up this year, and it's not more suicides, no matter what Tom Brady says.

I think it depends on the purpose. Yes, death is obviously the metric with the most gravity. But I think hospitalization is the best metric of how widespread the actual Covid disease is in a given community. It is true that there are moderate cases with substantial symptoms, but ones that do not get to the point where hospitalization is required - but there's no widely reported metric that tracks those. And there as much as 1 in 5 cases that are asymptomatic, so raw case counts are meaningful but not as demonstrative of the impact of the disease as hospitalization is.

Plus, given how much we're learning about the long-term implications of having survived a moderate to severe case of Covid disease, I think the hospital metric is also important there.

Cases sort of count.

its a mixture of both. they will call it covid even if its not. i know ppl first hand thats been in the room when someone died and it wasnt from covid or covid complications. and it was ruled a covid death.

covid is definitely affecting a lot of people and businesses, and obviously there are more deaths in 2020. covid, covid complications, depression, etc. 2020 has been hard on everyone.

its a mixture of both. they will call it covid even if its not.

Credible links?

i know ppl first hand thats been in the room when someone died and it wasnt from covid or covid complications. and it was ruled a covid death.

This is third-hand information on probably a single anecdote, so forgive me but we'll need a little more.

covid is definitely affecting a lot of people and businesses, and obviously there are more deaths in 2020. covid, covid complications, depression, etc. 2020 has been hard on everyone.

You got that right brother.

I am sure these were auto accidents that got called covid19 deaths.....

we should stop testing that would get rid of all these cases.

North Dakota at a 50%(!) positive rate

Some people just refuse to admit when they were wrong. Even when their arrogance is literally killing people

Its Reuter’s so it is trustworthy.

This is interesting. Sounds a bit scary but I don't know really how this all works.

“We are entering the most concerning and most deadly phase of this pandemic … leading to increasing mortality,” said the Nov. 2 report from Deborah Birx, coordinator of the White House coronavirus task force. “This is not about lockdowns — it hasn’t been about lockdowns since March or April. It’s about an aggressive balanced approach that is not being implemented.”

^^

A top White House coronavirus adviser sounded alarms Monday about a new and deadly phase in the health crisis, pleading with top administration officials for “much more aggressive action,” even as President Trump continues to assure rallygoers that the nation is “rounding the turn” on the pandemic.

“We are entering the most concerning and most deadly phase of this pandemic … leading to increasing mortality,” said the Nov. 2 report from Deborah Birx, coordinator of the White House coronavirus task force. “This is not about lockdowns — it hasn’t been about lockdowns since March or April. It’s about an aggressive balanced approach that is not being implemented.”

^^

A top White House coronavirus adviser sounded alarms Monday about a new and deadly phase in the health crisis, pleading with top administration officials for “much more aggressive action,” even as President Trump continues to assure rallygoers that the nation is “rounding the turn” on the pandemic.

That article from today you hyperlinked is outdated.

A federal government briefing document circulated to top officials and obtained by The Washington Post rates the 3,141 counties in the country by levels of “concern” and suggests it would be theoretically possible to travel from the Canada border all the way to northern Mississippi without exiting a “sustained hotspot” county.

Mississippi is now a hotspot again. We've basically been a hotspot for the whole pandemic except the last month or so but now it's coming through here fast and we're about to get lit up with Lousiana right behind.

That article from today you hyperlinked is outdated.

Mississippi is now a hotspot again. We've basically been a hotspot for the whole pandemic except the last month or so but now it's coming through here fast and we're about to get lit up with Lousiana right behind.
??
I was pulling the quote from what Where Yat brah posted

Things are getting so bad. The numbers are really obvious right now. The NE, South and West have been able to hold off the 2nd wave but exponential growth has started in the heavy population areas. We're headed for 300k/day at least. Halloween, schools, Thanksgiving and the election will prove to all be super spreader events. I think we break the record each of the next 3 days.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom