COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (14 Viewers)

Data analysis from Trevor Bedford on lag time from new case report to death - he finds that 22 days is the number. So if you’re looking to track survival trends relative to new case trends, you want to compare them 22 days apart.

Are you dying to go?
11aktz.jpg

A few days ago, one of my coworkers tested negative at a small clinic in the middle of nowhere, Indiana. It's a place where the young guys who are required to get tested go because it's a guaranteed negative, and it's an "instant" test so they're in and out quickly.

My employer is catching on and now requires a doctor's note that the patient is safe for a return to work.

The small clinic refused to provide a note. My coworker went to a large clinic which insisted on doing their own test before providing such a note. They dismissed the effectiveness of the "instant" tests. He tested positive.

Now we're wondering how many people were tested there and returned to work to spread covid.

A few days ago, one of my coworkers tested negative at a small clinic in the middle of nowhere, Indiana. It's a place where the young guys who are required to get tested go because it's a guaranteed negative, and it's an "instant" test so they're in and out quickly.

My employer is catching on and now requires a doctor's note that the patient is safe for a return to work.

The small clinic refused to provide a note. My coworker went to a large clinic which insisted on doing their own test before providing such a note. They dismissed the effectiveness of the "instant" tests. He tested positive.

Now we're wondering how many people were tested there and returned to work to spread covid.

Yikes.

Perhaps its something that your area's local news investigative reporters might be interested in.

Worked with a physician a few weeks back and we were all talking Covid, conversations really get good when a presumptive positive is about to walk into the Emergency Department.

His thoughts/opinion on the rapid test that come back negative is not a concern. The reasoning behind his opinion from his view is that the viral load is not strong enough to affect anyone at that time, though he did caution that the person should still wait it out a few more days to test themselves against farther development of symptoms.

Not if businesses are immune from lawsuits.

Depends on the state's Covid business immunity law - if there is one. Looks like about 10 states have them. I think Eeyore is in Indiana, which does not have one.

But more broadly, the laws aren't all the same. I think the primary purpose of them is to allow businesses to operate without fear of liability if someone believes (or can prove) that they were infected at the business.

That kind of immunity would not apply to a clinic running a for-profit testing operation that intentionally returns negative tests (or uses a test that is so unreliable that it can be predicted to likely return a negative test).

I think some of the immunity laws include medical providers in their scope. There the idea is that this is a novel disease affecting millions so it limits medical liability on the basis the providers have high volumes of a new disease and need some protection. But even that might not provide the kind of immunity it would take to apply to this scenario. (Depending on what the evidence actually was).

Not for long.

The GOP Senate is making business immunity a non-negotiable point for any COVID aid package.
Depends on the state's Covid business immunity law - if there is one. Looks like about 10 states have them. I think Eeyore is in Indiana, which does not have one.

But more broadly, the laws aren't all the same. I think the primary purpose of them is to allow businesses to operate without fear of liability if someone believes (or can prove) that they were infected at the business.

That kind of immunity would not apply to a clinic running a for-profit testing operation that intentionally returns negative tests (or uses a test that is so unreliable that it can be predicted to likely return a negative test).

I think some of the immunity laws include medical providers in their scope. There the idea is that this is a novel disease affecting millions so it limits medical liability on the basis the providers have high volumes of a new disease and need some protection. But even that might not provide the kind of immunity it would take to apply to this scenario. (Depending on what the evidence actually was).

Correct. Louisiana's law does not provide blanket immunity for businesses, it provides protection to businesses that can show they were in substantial compliance with prevailing COVID 19 procedures.

So if your boss makes you come in to work as a bartender for a 500 person indoor event in Orleans Parish and you are infected, the employer is likely not protected.

But if you work as a cashier at a store that has a mask requirement, social distancing, etc. then the employer is probably protected.

That's the basic gist of the GOP position in the Senate FWIW

Wait, there's a place they can go to get tested that will provide them a guaranteed negative result so they can go to work? If true, that sounds like a lawsuit begging to happen.
I don't think that they're advertising that the result will be negative. It's just "known" that the result will be negative.

I compare it to a doctor that we all used in high school for our athletic physical. $15 and we would get a clean physical. He didn't advertise it, but it was understood.

I don't think that they're advertising that the result will be negative. It's just "known" that the result will be negative.

I compare it to a doctor that we all used in high school for our athletic physical. $15 and we would get a clean physical. He didn't advertise it, but it was understood.

Like the old Orleans Parish brake tag station off Jeff Davis. Guaranteed to pass inspection for a nominal fee.

Just an update. Father in law is on the upswing. His terrible body aches and such have diminished and he’s able to putter around again. Mother in law is home on steroids and every other thing but she’s not getting worse.
Now my idiot hillbilly waste of human tissue sister in law is sick and positive drinking and playing darts in the bars every night

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom