COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (9 Viewers)

I will do another analysis of the latest wave in Europe sometime next week. Have to wait for weekend numbers to come in and stabilize, so maybe mid week. We are about 2-4 weeks behind the latest surge in Europe where the rate of new infections has been, for the most part, higher than the USA when adjusted for population. (Germany actually got within 2/3 of the USA rate of new infections at one point.) I suspect that the new infection rate in the USA will continue to climb for at least the next 2-4 weeks.

For the future, and when this will "end", I suspect that the "end" is a very long ways away and we will be living with some aspect of Covid for the rest of our lives. I also suspect that a "Vaccine Passport" will be something that you hear more and more about. I have a Yellow International Vaccine Card for use when going to areas with various diseases. I think something similar will be "required" to do many things in the future, most likely in mid to late 2021. Want to fly Internationally, attend a major sporting event, go on a cruise, etc...., where's your vaccine card? Should be an interesting topic in the next year or so. I'm ready now...give me a shot.

Duh. We knew that in March.
Yep. I have one of those forehead thermometers for my classroom and I have experimented with it extensively. There are multiple factors involved that can change the reading from one second to the next - the distance that you hold it away from the forehead, the location on the forehead, the room temperature, if you've been moving around, etc. In a matter of moments, I've been able to get multiple readings that varied by more than a degree. From what I've found, you really do need to hold it quite close (1 to 3 cm away) to get an "accurate" read. Most places that use these hold it much farther away and that results in a lower reading.

I don't really like what's going on, but that is how things are, so it doesn't really matter what people believe.....This is the new reality that we are all facing. I'm more of a conspiracy theorist believer, when it comes news and current events, and from what I'm hearing, things are gonna get much, much worst in the next ten years. So buckle up yo!

1605470561100.png

WinnDixie over on vets was a complete cluster shirtshow. That place was so packed, very little social distancing could have taken place.

Smoking on the rise
====================
Americans are smoking more during the coronavirus pandemic because they are spending less on travel and entertainment and have more opportunities to light up.

They are also switching back to traditional cigarettes from vaping devices in the wake of federal restrictions on e-cigarette flavors........

Maybe it's not the Chinese virus, cases possibly date back to September in Lombardi region of Italy.

Moderna's Vaccine WORKS!

" The Moderna vaccine is 94.5% effective against coronavirus, according to early data released Monday by the company, making it the second vaccine in the United States to have a stunningly high success rate. "

"These are obviously very exciting results," said Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious disease doctor. "It's just as good as it gets -- 94.5% is truly outstanding."

"Moderna heard its results on a call Sunday afternoon with members of the Data Safety and Monitoring Board, an independent panel analyzing Moderna's clinical trial data.

Anybody interested, they were 100% part of Operation Warp Speed.

" The Cambridge, Massachusetts-based company also said there were no “significant” safety concerns, adding the vaccine was generally safe and well-tolerated with the majority of adverse events in participants being labeled as mild or moderate. Side effects included pain at the injection site and, after the second dose, fatigue, muscle pain and headaches. "

" Moderna said Monday its vaccine remains stable at 36 to 46 degrees Fahrenheit, the temperature of a standard home or medical refrigerator, for up to 30 days. It can be stored for up to six months at negative 4 degrees Fahrenheit. By comparison, Pfizer’s vaccine requires a storage temperature of minus 94 degrees Fahrenheit. "

" By the end of the year, Moderna expects to have approximately 20 million doses of the vaccine ready to ship in the U.S., the company said. It said it remains on track to manufacture 500 million to 1 billion doses globally in 2021. "

" It announced in August that it had reached a deal with the U.S. government to supply 100 million doses of its vaccine. The deal gives the federal government the option to purchase up to 400 million additional doses. The U.S. had already invested $955 million in Moderna’s Covid-19 vaccine development, bringing its total investment up to $2.48 billion, the company said at the time. "

Last edited:
Moderna's Vaccine WORKS!

" The Moderna vaccine is 94.5% effective against coronavirus, according to early data released Monday by the company, making it the second vaccine in the United States to have a stunningly high success rate. "

"These are obviously very exciting results," said Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious disease doctor. "It's just as good as it gets -- 94.5% is truly outstanding."

"Moderna heard its results on a call Sunday afternoon with members of the Data Safety and Monitoring Board, an independent panel analyzing Moderna's clinical trial data.

" The Cambridge, Massachusetts-based company also said there were no “significant” safety concerns, adding the vaccine was generally safe and well-tolerated with the majority of adverse events in participants being labeled as mild or moderate. Side effects included pain at the injection site and, after the second dose, fatigue, muscle pain and headaches. "

" Moderna said Monday its vaccine remains stable at 36 to 46 degrees Fahrenheit, the temperature of a standard home or medical refrigerator, for up to 30 days. It can be stored for up to six months at negative 4 degrees Fahrenheit. By comparison, Pfizer’s vaccine requires a storage temperature of minus 94 degrees Fahrenheit. "

" By the end of the year, Moderna expects to have approximately 20 million doses of the vaccine ready to ship in the U.S., the company said. It said it remains on track to manufacture 500 million to 1 billion doses globally in 2021. "

" It announced in August that it had reached a deal with the U.S. government to supply 100 million doses of its vaccine. The deal gives the federal government the option to purchase up to 400 million additional doses. The U.S. had already invested $955 million in Moderna’s Covid-19 vaccine development, bringing its total investment up to $2.48 billion, the company said at the time. "

This ends the pandemic in the spring for the 50% willing to take the vaccine. For the other half, it's my turn not to give a sheet what they do.

Moderna's Vaccine WORKS!

Big, good news. I need to make a meme that says, "Shut up and stab me with needles."

This ends the pandemic in the spring for the 50% willing to take the vaccine. For the other half, it's my turn not to give a sheet what they do.

So what happens to the 50% that refuse to get the vaccine?

Can businesses say you can’t work here if you didn’t get one like healthcare workers and flu shots?

I agree 100%. I'm ready for a shot now. Bring it on. I have been very confident about a vaccine for many months.

The technology being used by Pfizer and Moderna just looked incredibly promising. The mRNA technology may open up a HUGE mode of treatment for all kinds of things. As grim as it may sound, the money (US Government and private) infused into mRNA technology because of Covid, may wind up improving tens of million of lives in the future and could save millions of lives. (Moderna recently announced very positive EARLY results of a cancer "vaccine" that looks very promising.)

Last edited:
More data, just updated:

(Also, the really big news is that the vaccine remains STABLE at normal refrigeration temperature for 30 days. This is huge for distribution and was a major concern for mRNA vaccines.)

"The primary endpoint of the Phase 3 COVE study is based on the analysis of COVID-19 cases confirmed and adjudicated starting two weeks following the second dose of vaccine. This first interim analysis was based on 95 cases, of which 90 cases of COVID-19 were observed in the placebo group versus 5 cases observed in the mRNA-1273 group, resulting in a point estimate of vaccine efficacy of 94.5% (p <0.0001).

A secondary endpoint analyzed severe cases of COVID-19 and included 11 severe cases (as defined in the study protocol) in this first interim analysis. All 11 cases occurred in the placebo group and none in the mRNA-1273 vaccinated group."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom