COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (18 Viewers)

Who isn't wearing masks in public settings at this point?

Over the last 4 months or so (in my experience) - it's extremely rare to see someone in the grocery, gas station, restaurant, etc. without a mask... very rare.

On a different anecdotal note: I now have a 1st cousin and a niece (from different parts of the family and in completely different locations)... that wear masks religiously... and that have caught Covid anyway.... both recovered and are fine... both had mild symptoms (loss of taste and smell - light cough - fever).

I'm still fine with masks - and think that some level of protection is better than none... but I am really starting to question how effective they are in general.
Residents of the former Confederate States of America.

Still accelerating. We were below 80K new cases on Nov. 1.

Daily tests are climbing rapidly. Looks like it's tracking closely with positive cases. I suspect the line up will continue for about 2-3 weeks, then plunge. The plunge in France just started and we have been 2-3 weeks behind them. Looking for a big drop in cases by mid December.

Daily tests are climbing rapidly. Looks like it's tracking closely with positive cases. I suspect the line up will continue for about 2-3 weeks, then plunge. The plunge in France just started and we have been 2-3 weeks behind them. Looking for a big drop in cases by mid December.
Why would we plunge in cases like France did? Are we in a lockdown? France is, and has been since October 30.

Sure hope you're right.

Why would we plunge in cases like France did? Are we in a lockdown? France is, and has been since October 30.

Well, I think us not locking down at all will be an interesting comparison with other countries actually locking down. Fwiw, I think it's pretty much too late to lock down now. The damage is already done.

It's my opinion, I think there will be a very noticable downward line overall in the USA within a week of December 15th. Many areas of the country are in some sort of "lockdown" now. Thanksgiving is still the big unknown here. That could be a disaster. And yes, France has been in a lockdown for the past two and a half weeks, but I believe schools are pretty much open nationwide.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom