COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (7 Viewers)

My Facebook post from 3/15/2020

IMG_5032.jpeg
Chuck, I know you're not particularly religious, but as someone who likes to think that we've become something like friends over the past several years regarding bizarre, strange and uncommon things we and others have seen, discussed, debated and tried and occasionally succeeded in finding some answers, I thank God you came out unscathed and remain happy and hopefully mostly healthy 4 years later since Covid gave us our first pandemic since end of WWI over a century before.

That goes for everyone on this SR board Ive come to like and respect and appreciate over the past 20 years or so.

Chuck, I know you're not particularly religious, but as someone who likes to think that we've become something like friends over the past several years regarding bizarre, strange and uncommon things we and others have seen, discussed, debated and tried and occasionally succeeded in finding some answers, I thank God you came out unscathed and remain happy and hopefully mostly healthy 4 years later since Covid gave us our first pandemic since end of WWI over a century before.

That goes for everyone on this SR board Ive come to like and respect and appreciate over the past 20 years or so.
Thank You,and let us not forget we lost some members here due to that hideous disease

Teenage boys were hit hardest by the Covid lockdowns, with their mental health failing to recover despite the return to normality, according to the most comprehensive academic study of its kind.

Early research into how lockdown affected children indicated that girls had suffered more significant mental health problems than boys.

However, a new study carried out by academics from three UK universities, published in the journal European Child + Adolescent Psychiatry, found that over the long term, teenage boys’ mental health was more adversely affected.

The research followed a cohort of about 200 children, aged between 11 and 14 at the time, asking them and their mothers to assess their mental state. It logged data from each child before lockdown, three months after the measures started and again at 15 months into the pandemic.

Researchers then compared this data with historical records that show the usual pattern of mental wellbeing for boys and girls during adolescence.

The academics found that while both sexes had an immediate decline in their mental health, boys then did not experience the natural improvement in mental wellbeing that usually comes with maturation as they move through the teenage years.

Dr Nicky Wright, a lecturer in psychology at Manchester Metropolitan University and a co-author of the paper, said: “The key message of this is that we expect more boys to be at risk of mental health problems now than we would before [the pandemic].…….

Mr. Macho-Tough-Guy-Wannabe bragging about his childish act of defiance. 😄 The person wearing a mask on that flight may not have been a COVID concern.

There's been a lot of flu and crud floating around this season. We've been hit with some of it and we've tried to restrict interaction with others, but when we had to we masked. We didn't want to spread our yuck or catch anything new. Pre-pandemic I would have never thought to do that. Now, I don't give a shirt what others think. One of the few positives that came from the pandemic, IMO.

Mr. Macho-Tough-Guy-Wannabe bragging about his childish act of defiance. 😄 The person wearing a mask on that flight may not have been a COVID concern.

There's been a lot of flu and crud floating around this season. We've been hit with some of it and we've tried to restrict interaction with others, but when we had to we masked. We didn't want to spread our yuck or catch anything new. Pre-pandemic I would have never thought to do that. Now, I don't give a shirt what others think. One of the few positives that came from the pandemic, IMO.
Yep, despite all the hate masks get, they actually do slow the spread of a lot of things. And really, it's not all that new of a concept. Even pre-pandemic, there were a small subset of people who wore masks, particularly on public transportation, and they rarely got sick. They aren't perfect, but still pretty effective, particularly if worn correctly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom