COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (11 Viewers)

That's sad. I don't know exactly what to say about all of this. I've been watching out for my dad, who I think would have an 80% chance of dying if he got the virus. He knows it's real, but he's still going kind of crazy. He wants the vaccine ASAP and I will do my best to get it for him. It's a constant struggle to keep him safe and he's 100% on board knowing this is a real thing, but it's still very hard. It is VERY hard dealing with relatives who don't treat this the same way. I just tell them to stay away. I had an uncle who joked about this in March, April and May. He stopped joking in June. Can't imagine people still in denial in freaking December.....
Trust me, there are way more than a few. They first say it is a hoax, then it was the flu, then it would go away after the election. Next, the numbers are all fake, then they are real but it is all typical deaths anyway, then you show them the numbers of deaths above normal and we're back to a hoax. It's this sick twisted circle they run to escape logic. I gave up a long time ago but I see it all over.

2913 people died the day the first vaccine shots were administered in the US (today). Lot of families thinking what if we just took a little more care for a couple more months right now about now.

My friend's father is on the ventilator. His Facebook page went from nothing but Pro Trump memes to nothing but thoughts and prayers. He's been fighting for a few days on the vent and my friend keeps saying his dad has a 50/50 shot of surviving. I don't have the heart to tell him the real statistics. Now he has multiple blood infections with oxygen cranked up to 100%. He went on the vent for his anniversary. Today is his birthday, I'm hoping his tombstone isn't repetitive but it is hard to feel too sorry for them.

I mentioned a friend I've known since childhood many pages back. She was an anti-masker and this the flu. She caught it three
weeks ago. Her FB page then starting asking for prayers. She said this is sick as I've been in my life. Thankfully, she survived
and her mind has been changed. She now advocates masks,social distancing,and getting the vaccine.

Trust me, there are way more than a few. They first say it is a hoax, then it was the flu, then it would go away after the election. Next, the numbers are all fake, then they are real but it is all typical deaths anyway, then you show them the numbers of deaths above normal and we're back to a hoax. It's this sick twisted circle they run to escape logic. I gave up a long time ago but I see it all over.

i also wonder if psychology doesnt play a role in all of it.

We are a dominant species. Hard to imagine a ) our own mortality and b) our own mortality in the face of something we deem really insignificant ( by that i mean small/cant see ). so i tend to wonder if the mind, for many, simply refuses to acknowledge this because if we did, we would then be faced with the fact that were ARE NOT as dominant as we believe.
And all this anti-masking, hoax rhetoric is simply preying upon that psychology and its really just a self-feeding monster.

I mentioned a friend I've known since childhood many pages back. She was an anti-masker and this the flu. She caught it three
weeks ago. Her FB page then starting asking for prayers. She said this is sick as I've been in my life. Thankfully, she survived
and her mind has been changed. She now advocates masks,social distancing,and getting the vaccine.
Some people only learn the hard way

Some people only learn the hard way

Yep, She is also a breast cancer survivor and was treated with chemo. I kept telling her chemo treatments suppress the
immune system and you are high risk. She didn't listen. She kept going to large gatherings. That said, She is a dear friend
and I'm happy she made it.

i also wonder if psychology doesnt play a role in all of it.

We are a dominant species. Hard to imagine a ) our own mortality and b) our own mortality in the face of something we deem really insignificant ( by that i mean small/cant see ). so i tend to wonder if the mind, for many, simply refuses to acknowledge this because if we did, we would then be faced with the fact that were ARE NOT as dominant as we believe.
And all this anti-masking, hoax rhetoric is simply preying upon that psychology and its really just a self-feeding monster.
Survival is hardwired in us
but I think a certain heterogeneity of thought is also - if 85% of the tribe thinks it best to stay in the cave, more than likely there will be 15% who think it best to explore - not bc either is better but bc evolution wants to play the odds
(someone gets sick eating the red berry, the tribe will avoid all red food - then some dude is all screw this and eats a different red food. Either he wins and the tribe has more food sources or he loses and tribe stays safe)

anti vaxxing/masking does not fall into this dynamic in anyway- there is no competitive advantage to deliberately putting oneself (and family) at risk
this is pure psychology/sociology - drinking red Koolaid even though you see it getting people sick

The wedding photographer had already spent an hour or two inside with the unmasked wedding party when one of the bridesmaids approached her. The woman thanked her for still showing up, considering “everything that’s going on with the groom.”

When the photographer asked what she meant by that, the bridesmaid said the groom had tested positive for COVID-19 the day before. “She was looking for me to be like, ‘Oh, that’s crazy,’ like I was going to agree with her that it was fine,” the photographer recalls. “So I was like, ‘What are you talking about?’ And she was like, ‘Oh no no no, don’t freak out. He doesn’t have symptoms. He’s fine.’”

The photographer, who has asthma and three kids, left with her assistant before the night was over. Her exit was tense. The wedding planner said it was the most unprofessional thing she’d ever seen. Bridesmaids accused her of heartlessly ruining an innocent woman’s wedding day. She recalls one bridesmaid telling her, “I’m a teacher, I have fourteen students. If I’m willing to risk it, why aren’t you?” Another said everyone was going to get COVID eventually, so what was the big deal? The friend of the bride who’d spilled the beans cried about being the “worst bridesmaid ever.”

After the photographer left, she canceled her Thanksgiving plans with family, sent her kids to relatives’ houses so they wouldn’t get sick, and informed the brides of her upcoming weddings that she’d be subcontracting to other shooters. A few days later she started to feel sick, and sure enough, tested positive for COVID-19. She informed the couple. “But they didn’t care,” she says. They didn’t offer to compensate her for the test, nor did they apologize for getting her sick. .................

Texas Wedding Photographers Have Seen Some $#!+ – Texas Monthly

Not for me. I'm becoming an anti-mask butt crevasse the week after my arm gets jabbed. Going to go straight to the grocery store and rub my balls all over the produce with no mask on and try to justify it with Jesus.

Do you currently rub your balls on the produce while wearing a mask? Or is this a strictly maskless pleasure you've denied yourself since March?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom