COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (21 Viewers)

- Yesterday, I learned my very next door neighbor went into the hospital on Monday. Got a text from her husband this morning that she was moved to ICU, 02 SAT at 85% and not improving. She's too weak to text or talk to him. Her source appears to be the funeral of her mother last week. Everyone was masked up for the service, but then went to a residence after to eat and congregate maskless. They've counted nine COVID cases from that funeral. This neighbor is great, but he wasn't a mask wearer and I'd have to keep backing away when he'd walk over to visit. Not a dick about it, but it wasn't a real thing in his opinion - politically motivated I'm afraid.
Yeah, I'm quoting myself, but I wanted to share an update. This post was 10 days ago and I've been experiencing my neighbor's wife's COVID situation through his text updates. He can't visit the hospital, so he gets regular updates via his wife's nurses. After she was moved to ICU she was put on a ventilator, sedatives and BP meds to name a few. It looked grim at that point, but they were able to stabilize her so that her body could go to work. They gradually decreased the percentage of the vent while keeping her O2 saturation level at around 93-95%. At one point they took her off the vent (but kept the tube in) for a little while, but put her back on after she didn't respond favorably. Yesterday, they took her off the vent and as of this morning she's been breathing on her own with just a cannula tube. He was able to have a brief video chat with her. Last night she had a good night and is breathing on her own. Nurse said she had some delirium from the sedatives that are still in her system. This is common in ICU patients. Vitals are looking good.

Watching this from the sidelines has been stressful. We're praying she has turned the corner, but it was like there was this tipping point that it could have gone either way. I know others, here, have similar first-hand accounts and can relate. For some, it's nothing or "just the flu" but for many, this is a bad mofo.

Very informative presentation on Vitamin D and COVID

I've been taking Vitamin D fairly regularly for 10 months now. Haven't had any issues. That said, how much is it actually vitamin D and how much of it is people just being more health conscious? Just a thought.

I've been taking Vitamin D fairly regularly for 10 months now. Haven't had any issues. That said, how much is it actually vitamin D and how much of it is people just being more health conscious? Just a thought.

Don't you think a person like that research doctor would take that into consideration? Seems rather pointless to give all that information out if it was for naught.

I sometimes believe with rebuttals like that people want to scuttle any kind of optimism.

This is a good explanation of mRNA vaccines, how they work and the immune response they generate.

From my memory of cell biology and immunology, the information is accurate.

Don't you think a person like that research doctor would take that into consideration? Seems rather pointless to give all that information out if it was for naught.

I sometimes believe with rebuttals like that people want to scuttle any kind of optimism.

I'm not trying to scuttle enthusiasm. I just rather people realize it isn't a magic bullet. It won't stop the virus from spreading and people should still consider getting vaccinated, wear masks in public and practice distancing as necessary. It's part and parcel among numerous things I do to protect myself and my family. It's worked so far, but I'm not under any illusion that I'm immune.

It's just prudent to be smart about our overall approach to Covid imo. That's really all I was getting at.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom