COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [24,830,045 US cases, 412,109 US deaths.] (25 Viewers)

Dan in Lafayette

Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
The original COVID-19 Outbreak thread has been closed but is still available as a read-only thread (sticky above). The original thread had become less and less about new information and more about petty bickering. The purpose of this new thread is to link or report new information as it comes out. Try not to go off course from the topic. Those of you who had been banned from the original thread feel free to participate in this new thread. Just stay on topic. Thank you.
-----------------
Edit - Andrus:
Bottom line is that moving forward we simply don't want any political bickering going on within this thread, and want to try to limit this thread to being as much about sharing Covid-19 information as possible.

If you want to discuss the political aspects of Covid-19 with other SR members, you can do so here (If you are not already registered there, you will be required to do so)...
------------------
UPDATED TRACKER LINKS:

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

It's gotten to the point where people (many people) on Twitter are BEGGING the governor to move us back to Phase 1. And here we are with these daily "reminders" of wear your mask, wash your hands, social distance, be a good neighbor. JBE, grow a set and do what you were elected to do.
The holiday spike has begun.

These next couple of weeks are going to be brutal.

kewee

I exist as I am, that is enough
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
One thing that concerned me yesterday, although my Dr. certainly didn't seem very concerned about it, was that she told me a had a little elevation of my diaphragm on the right side.

Now, of course, Google has deemed this a death sentence, talking about anything from possibly cancer to anuerysms or muscle disease issues or to nothing at all, so I'm kinda going out of my mind about this. Are there any doctors on the board that can shed any light on if I should be concerned about this? I realize this is not the place to ask this, but I'm trying to avoid going to the ER or anything again during covid.

Last edited:

kewee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Dr. Google can cause stress and anxiety, most times for nothing. Maybe go see a pulmonologist about it.
Too true. She basically brushed it off, and didn't recommend me to see anyone about it. I wish I would just accept that and move on, but I always have a tendency to freak out over things.

gboudx

Not trusting a big butt and a smile since 1990.
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Too true. She basically brushed it off, and didn't recommend me to see anyone about it. I wish I would just accept that and move on, but I always have a tendency to freak out over things.
Can you message/call the dr's office and say you're concerned after she mentioned it, and ask if she can give you any additional info to help ease your mind? Why doesn't she seem concerned about it?

kewee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Can you message/call the dr's office and say you're concerned after she mentioned it, and ask if she can give you any additional info to help ease your mind? Why doesn't she seem concerned about it?
That is the thing, I dont know. She told me about it, and I ask her what does that mean, she proceeds to say "I don't know what it means." I then say, well, should I be concerned about it, and she's like "nah, you should probably just lose some weight." Idk.

kewee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I just called them and they put a note into her to call me back.

gboudx

Not trusting a big butt and a smile since 1990.
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If she doesn't know what it means, then how can she say that you shouldn't be concerned about it? If it were me, I'd get an appt with a pulmonologist.

I have a heartbeat rhythm thing. It only happens sometimes, but the 1st few times it happend it scared the crap out of me. I saw my PCP and he told me it was likely benign, but if I was concerned he gave me a Cardiologist reference. I went to the Cardiologist, and they did an ultrasound on the heart, and then a treadmill stress test with an EKG connected to me. Even though the heart rhythm thing never happened during the testing, the diagnosis put my mind at ease. So now when I get them, I don't think I'm about to drop dead with a heart attack.

J.T.

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
San Francisco, via La Place, via Galliano, via Mon
Harris County(Houston, TX) reports the states 1st case of the new Covid variant.

The site is paywalled, but here's a snippet.

Harris County on Thursday reported Texas’ first known case of the new, more contagious COVID-19 variant.

The new variant of the virus, known as B.1.1.7, was confirmed in a man between the ages of 30 and 40 in southwestern Harris County, who had no travel history, according to the county.

Because the man had no travel history, it is believed the variant is already circulating in the state, according to Dr. John Hellerstedt, Texas Department of State Health Services Commissioner.
Easy to bust that paywall thing most of the time. Use Chrome, go Incognito, stop the page loading with the X after it starts to load, then scroll down. Timing is crucial but, with practice, it is very easy to do.

I am not sure the new variant is that big of a deal, it may be slightly more contagious, I have not scene a definitive view on this. If it is an contagious as they say......the US will be at natural herd immunity in three months tops.

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Yup. I think we are quickly closing in on the peak of Covid in the USA. Betting the worst day will be in the next 10-14 days (think today will be the record number for cases) then it will be a slow but steady fall in cases followed by a peak and slow fall in deaths. Will still be a couple months until those numbers begin to look reasonable. We are going to give 5k deaths in a day a run though.

J.T.

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Dr. Google can cause stress and anxiety, most times for nothing. Maybe go see a pulmonologist about it.
Dr. Google has killed me off a few times. Kind of amazing how bad of a Doctor that Dr. Google really is. Should have license pulled for sure.

More cases leads to more "natural" immunity. The only way we get out of this will be more and more people getting it, I'm starting to get convinced there is no other way.

J.T.

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That is great, maybe my last post was too pessimistic. I have read that some people are strongly considering pushing vaccine doses out without having the second booster dose held in reserve/in the pipeline. (They are doing this in the UK, I think this is a huge mistake.) I have a great fear that we will see millions get their first shot and then miss shot #2, either 21 or 28 days later, not because they missed the appointment, but because a political decision has been made in error. FOLLOW THE SCIENCE. do the booster/second dose ON SCHEDULE, do not make this is situation where we have many people with a "wasted" first shot just to get the "vaccinated" number higher.

I want to see a breakdown of how many people have gotten their SECOND shot, the one that actually takes the vaccines up to 95% effectiveness, not just the first shot that may confer some immunity, but nowhere near 95%.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That is great, maybe my last post was too pessimistic. I have read that some people are strongly considering pushing vaccine doses out without having the second booster dose held in reserve/in the pipeline. (They are doing this in the UK, I think this is a huge mistake.) I have a great fear that we will see millions get their first shot and then miss shot #2, either 21 or 28 days later, not because they missed the appointment, but because a political decision has been made in error. FOLLOW THE SCIENCE. do the booster/second dose ON SCHEDULE, do not make this is situation where we have many people with a "wasted" first shot just to get the "vaccinated" number higher.

I want to see a breakdown of how many people have gotten their SECOND shot, the one that actually takes the vaccines up to 95% effectiveness, not just the first shot that may confer some immunity, but nowhere near 95%.
I'm not gonna get the first until I'm confident I can get the 2nd. Are the doses the same or different?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 9, Guests: 6)