COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [24,830,045 US cases, 412,109 US deaths.] (15 Viewers)

Dan in Lafayette

Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
The original COVID-19 Outbreak thread has been closed but is still available as a read-only thread (sticky above). The original thread had become less and less about new information and more about petty bickering. The purpose of this new thread is to link or report new information as it comes out. Try not to go off course from the topic. Those of you who had been banned from the original thread feel free to participate in this new thread. Just stay on topic. Thank you.
-----------------
Edit - Andrus:
Bottom line is that moving forward we simply don't want any political bickering going on within this thread, and want to try to limit this thread to being as much about sharing Covid-19 information as possible.

If you want to discuss the political aspects of Covid-19 with other SR members, you can do so here (If you are not already registered there, you will be required to do so)...
------------------
UPDATED TRACKER LINKS:

J.T.

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
San Francisco, via La Place, via Galliano, via Mon
I'm not gonna get the first until I'm confident I can get the 2nd. Are the doses the same or different?
Same dose for each vaccine from each company, just have to get the same vaccine. Various dosing amounts were tested in Phase1 and Phase 2 for each company. These dosing amounts were deemed to be the best. Highest effectiveness with lowest side effects. As with any drug or vaccine, you want the lowest particular dose of any one drug that does the most good with the lowest side effects. (The fact that one is 0.5ml and the other 0.3ml is not important, they are different. They each tested higher doses and they appeared safe.) (The Astrazeneca vaccine is still on hold in the USA because they had "issues" with their dosing during testing. It has been approved in the UK.)

Moderna is two doses of 0.5ml each.
Pfizer is two doses of 0.3ml each.

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
So my thinking that it's possible the UK variant was used as an excuse for the governement to reverse course on lockdowns may or may not prove to be correct. In the US, there is no mutation to blame for rampant spread so the White House decided to make one up. Honestly though, I'll let them have the imaginary strain of Covid if it meant they actually would take it more seriously.

Saints318

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
So my thinking that it's possible the UK variant was used as an excuse for the governement to reverse course on lockdowns may or may not prove to be correct. In the US, there is no mutation to blame for rampant spread so the White House decided to make one up. Honestly though, I'll let them have the imaginary strain of Covid if it meant they actually would take it more seriously.
Wait, you think scientists, politicians and the media would report new developments in a way that fits their motive, narrative or agenda?

Eeyore

Flucifer
Reaction score
Just talked to my Dad.

His wife went to church (nobody with a mask) and brought Covid home to him. Now they both have it. He sounds horrible and couldn't stay on the phone because he felt too bad to talk.

He still claims that it's just the flu 🙄.

Last edited:

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welp...my son tested positive tonight. He's the only one showing symptoms at the moment. I want to get all of my family tested, but isn't there lag time before we would test positive? Not sure how to handle with 6 of us in the house.

Don't know where he got it from, whether friends or work. Who knows.

gboudx

Not trusting a big butt and a smile since 1990.
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If anyone loses sense of taste and/or smell, then I think you‘ll know.

something I have thought of is if you lose sense of taste and/or smell, is there a point to get tested? There’s no treatment. Honest question.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If anyone loses sense of taste and/or smell, then I think you‘ll know.

something I have thought of is if you lose sense of taste and/or smell, is there a point to get tested? There’s no treatment. Honest question.
There are treatment regimens to help mitigate symptoms i think. A few here have done that iirc. Dago and one other individual I'm not recalling at the moment.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Another thought, once we're clear of this, if we've had it, should still get vaccinated?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 7)