COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (9 Viewers)

A lot of this could be correlation and not causation. People with higher vitamin D levels might be more healthy active people who are outside a lot, and that also is correlated with a better outcome. So, it might be being healthy and active is what makes you more likely to have a milder case, and not the vitamin D.

It wasn't just you Dave(see things don't always have to be about you) there are others in this thread who seem to have an agenda against Vitamin D being beneficial, but there is more and more science shows it's the Vitamin D.

It wasn't just you Dave(see things don't always have to be about you) there are others in this thread who seem to have an agenda against Vitamin D being beneficial, but there is more and more science shows it's the Vitamin D.

My point stands though. There were others who made reasonable posts about why Vitamin D is getting the results it has. They're legitimate questions. My point remains that it's not a magic bullet. It's not a vaccine replacement. It doesn't prevent people from getting Covid. What it does do apparently is reduce the severity of cases. Which is why it's a supplement in a variety of things we can do to protect ourselves.

You’re the reason I downloaded the D Minder app and supplemented myself all this time
Glad it looks to have been at least partly correct.

It also explains the death rate in the spring, falling in the summer and picking back up in October. Also as predicted. I need a horn to toot, wore mine out.

It's all about the UV. Kill the virus and boost vitamin D at the same time.

Australian study shows immunity lasts at least 8 months after infection

Maybe I'm imagining things, but hasn't the trending thought been that immunity may be long-term? Seems like this supports that idea.

8 months doesn't seem very long. I'm curious how long the vaccines will last and whether this would have to be an ongoing thing like every flu season.

Maybe I'm imagining things, but hasn't the trending thought been that immunity may be long-term? Seems like this supports that idea.

Seems that way but obviously no long term data is available yet.

But this can be useful for updating standards around testing and return to work, etc. For example, currently my daughter's college only recognizes 3 months of immunity for purposes of isolating/quarantine, so if you tested positive 4 months ago you still have to do 14 days in the COVID prison dorm if you have another exposure. If we know that immunity lasts at least 8 months, that reduces the number of people that must quarantine.

Exactly, but there will be those who interpret the title to read 'only 8 months', and then will run with that as being a negative rather than the 8 month time frame being the minimum.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom