COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (17 Viewers)

It has been a rough few days or at least it should be but I'm struggling to find any sympathy or empathy.

Of my wife's 9 nieces and nephews, all of them have now had or have Covid. Two of her cousins have had to be hospitalized with one being admitted yesterday. My stepmom was also admitted yesterday while my dad is still blaming the mask of the lady that sat next to him on the plane for giving him covid while asking for prayers on Facebook. Our neighbor a few doors down from me just got released from the hospital after a week in the ICU and yesterday morning he was struggling to breath and ambulance had to take him back to ICU, he is now unresponsive on a vent. My storm chaser friend in Jackson got told this morning that the doctor's don't think his father is going to make it after almost two weeks on a ventilator and are encouraging the family to make a difficult decision. My mom lost two cousins on the same day last week and now one of their children (her nephew) is in the hospital with infections in both lungs.

My stepmom's twin sister is out of the hospital but still experiencing a lot of rough symptoms and her husband is now symptomatic. The friend that was starting to get symptoms in Reno before flying back to NOLA is now really sick and her husband is now having intense symptoms.

Three of the people listed above are in the super high risk category but so far they have done pretty well. Of the 2 that have died and 3 that are really struggling, most were in pretty good shape. One of my mother's cousins that died was only in her 50's and my cousin is in his 40's has no preexisting conditions. Of all my nieces and nephews, they have all recovered pretty quick except my 19 year old niece that is still on the heart transplant list after her bout with covid back in the last spring. Her heart is still more than twice the normal size and doctors are thinking it is now permanent after 6 months.

That pheasant hunting trip is going to result in thousands of cases.

It has been a rough few days or at least it should be but I'm struggling to find any sympathy or empathy.

Of my wife's 9 nieces and nephews, all of them have now had or have Covid. Two of her cousins have had to be hospitalized with one being admitted yesterday. My stepmom was also admitted yesterday while my dad is still blaming the mask of the lady that sat next to him on the plane for giving him covid while asking for prayers on Facebook. Our neighbor a few doors down from me just got released from the hospital after a week in the ICU and yesterday morning he was struggling to breath and ambulance had to take him back to ICU, he is now unresponsive on a vent. My storm chaser friend in Jackson got told this morning that the doctor's don't think his father is going to make it after almost two weeks on a ventilator and are encouraging the family to make a difficult decision. My mom lost two cousins on the same day last week and now one of their children (her nephew) is in the hospital with infections in both lungs.

My stepmom's twin sister is out of the hospital but still experiencing a lot of rough symptoms and her husband is now symptomatic. The friend that was starting to get symptoms in Reno before flying back to NOLA is now really sick and her husband is now having intense symptoms.

Three of the people listed above are in the super high risk category but so far they have done pretty well. Of the 2 that have died and 3 that are really struggling, most were in pretty good shape. One of my mother's cousins that died was only in her 50's and my cousin is in his 40's has no preexisting conditions. Of all my nieces and nephews, they have all recovered pretty quick except my 19 year old niece that is still on the heart transplant list after her bout with covid back in the last spring. Her heart is still more than twice the normal size and doctors are thinking it is now permanent after 6 months.

That pheasant hunting trip is going to result in thousands of cases.
It’s like y’all had a miniSturgis - dang

that’s a lot, man
And I know it’s doubly frustrating that being right the whole time did not help
And even more watching loved ones get *****slapped by truth having little effect

nothing to do but soldier on

It’s like y’all had a miniSturgis - dang

that’s a lot, man
And I know it’s doubly frustrating that being right the whole time did not help
And even more watching loved ones get *****slapped by truth having little effect

nothing to do but soldier on
Only about half of those is from the pheasant hunting trip but so far of the 21 more than half have tested positive, 1 dead and several more in the hospital plus all the spread to their families and the community spread they led to. dumbarses.

Wishing the best for your dad, bclemms...

My older parents were going to go to their church this morning before they found out they’d just been exposed to someone with Covid. They’re going to ask a friend what to do instead of stay home 🤦‍♂️

Also they mentioned that many people gather like normal together and nobody is wearing masks at that church.

I don’t ever want to be someone who is heartless, but it’s going to take these folks dying for them to understand simple biology.

Stepmom is out of the hospital, she is still in extreme pain but has the vomiting under control. She got home just in time to take my dad to the hospital, his oxygen levels are low and he's having a hard time breathing. Neighbor died overnight.
I don't like this play by play...

This sucks, very sorry about all of this.

I don't like this play by play...

This sucks, very sorry about all of this.

What sucks about it is watching it unfold and knowing what was about to happen and being powerless to stop it because of his dedication to a politician that claims to be the sole provider of truth. He disregards everyone and everything as fake news and put every ounce of faith in a guy that suggested to inject bleach, use nuclear bombs on hurricanes, called covid a hoax, made fun of people wearing masks then gets covid and has a helicopter take him 5 miles to a hospital to get special treatment available to nobody else because he was on a path towards death. His son pleading with him to not do stupid stuff was not being done out of love and care but simply part of the giant conspiracy.

It was very obvious what was about to happen.
My dad is 8 years older than his and still thinks it's somewhere between just the flu and a hoax. Right now he is on a pheasant hunting trip in South Dakota with 21 other guys who flew in from all over the country and none of them believe in masks. It's just a matter of time for him. Ironic part is he and my stepmother just moved to Reno to take care of her twin sister who has alzheimers. He's all upset I wont bring the family up there for Christmas. Nope, sitting my arse right here.

Here is a pic they took of all the pheasants they killed on that brilliant hunting trip.
1609084840172.png

They all bought into the propaganda and thought it was funny when they all got the "KungFlu", then showcased a complete disregard to society as a whole that I never thought was possible from them. Now I feel guilty because my own father was knowingly spreading this virus around to others as some sort of sign of loyalty to a political leader. I also don't know whether to feel guilty that I'm struggling to find any compassion for my own father who woke up my stepmom last night, who just got back from the hospital, to tell her he thought he was dying before going to the ER with a 105 degree fever and Oxygen levels in the 80's.

When I got the call from my stepmom this morning asking me if I was going to fly out because NOW it's a big deal, it kind of put me into a whole other diminsion of P'Oed off. So no, I'm not flying out there. What a sheetty position to be in. Sorry if I'm venting here, I just don't have anywhere else to let it rip.

What sucks about it is watching it unfold and knowing what was about to happen and being powerless to stop it because of his dedication to a politician that claims to be the sole provider of truth. He disregards everyone and everything as fake news and put every ounce of faith in a guy that suggested to inject bleach, use nuclear bombs on hurricanes, called covid a hoax, made fun of people wearing masks then gets covid and has a helicopter take him 5 miles to a hospital to get special treatment available to nobody else because he was on a path towards death. His son pleading with him to not do stupid stuff was not being done out of love and care but simply part of the giant conspiracy.

Here is a pic they took of all the pheasants they killed on that brilliant hunting trip.
1609084840172.png

They all bought into the propaganda and thought it was funny when they all got the "KungFlu", then showcased a complete disregard to society as a whole that I never thought was possible from them. Now I feel guilty because my own father was knowingly spreading this virus around to others as some sort of sign of loyalty to a political leader. I also don't know whether to feel guilty that I'm struggling to find any compassion for my own father who woke up my stepmom last night, who just got back from the hospital, to tell her he thought he was dying before going to the ER with a 105 degree fever and Oxygen levels in the 80's.

When I got the call from my stepmom this morning asking me if I was going to fly out because NOW it's a big deal, it kind of put me into a whole other diminsion of P'Oed off. So no, I'm not flying out there. What a sheetty position to be in. Sorry if I'm venting here, I just don't have anywhere else to let it rip.
Tee off brother. If you need to do it via PM, to avoid more of the politics trap, feel free.

"It was always a big deal, y'all just wouldn't listen until it slapped you in the face"

Tee off brother. If you need to do it via PM, to avoid more of the politics trap, feel free.

"It was always a big deal, y'all just wouldn't listen until it slapped you in the face"
Thanks, trying to avoid politics but trying to remove the political element from what is happening all around me is simply avoiding the facts. It's all so stupid.

1609084840172.png

I get it, but screw that guilt for what your father did. He's not your responsibility once you've done your part. That's 100% on him. And no, I wouldn't fly out there either. I love my parents and much of my extended family, but I'm not going anywhere until I feel like covid is under control and I've been vaccinated. I'm just baffled be people who still act like it's no big deal or a hoax.

I'm just baffled be people who still act like it's no big deal or a hoax.
I didn't think I would be so amazed at the amount of people still getting together in groups for the holidays with no masks or anything. I was wrong.

Thanks, trying to avoid politics but trying to remove the political element from what is happening all around me is simply avoiding the facts. It's all so stupid.
I sort of feel your pain. I had a cousin (late 60’s) that just got out of the hospital last week. He is lucky to be alive and was sent home with oxygen. He and his wife posted a pic on Facebook for Christmas, took him off the oxygen long enough for the picture. They still think masks are not necessary.
A man down the street died from COVID two weeks ago. I didn’t know him but was told by neighbors that he didn’t “believe in it”.
I guess it’s good that the east side of MS has a low population density.

I'm just baffled be people who still act like it's no big deal or a hoax.
I know nurses that will tell you that “they “ (whoever “they” are) are just inflating the numbers to make COVID look worse than it is. I’ve heard from various people that if someone dies in a car wreck they are tested and if they test positive the cause of death is officially COVID.
I’m still hearing anecdotes that some doctors just laugh it off when the patient (in for a routine visit) ask about COVID.
People just want to hear that everything will be ok and reject any information that contradicts that.

I get it, but screw that guilt for what your father did. He's not your responsibility once you've done your part. That's 100% on him. And no, I wouldn't fly out there either. I love my parents and much of my extended family, but I'm not going anywhere until I feel like covid is under control and I've been vaccinated. I'm just baffled be people who still act like it's no big deal or a hoax.
You're right, I know that you're right and my brain is playing for team logic too. My emotions are still going that way though. It's not like I didn't tell him he was trying to catch covid by going on that hunting trip. It's not like I ignored him every time he made some dumbarse comment about the stupid masks or the dumb restrictions or claiming that covid death numbers are fake or any of that fun stuff. I'd call it every single time to the point it became difficult to even talk with him leading up to and since the election. It's not like I didn't tell him exactly what I thought when they all piled in the car with symptoms to go get tested then went to a restaurant to eat. Not like I didn't say anything when they all went shopping with symptoms.

When I called to wish him a Merry Christmas I could hear in his voice just how much he screwed up. My stepmother in the background dry heaving, literally crying out in pain from her joints, flat out screaming in agony. The fear in his voice asking me if he should take her to the hospital. The same time he is telling me how he is over it and feels better but he couldn't stop coughing long enough to convince me he was doing as well as he convinced himself he would. Just a few minutes later he is on Facebook asking for "prayer warriors" to pray for my stepmom and then he is parading around the comment section claiming he always wears a mask while blaming the masks for spreading covid.

He is the reason a lot of people are sick right now, including himself. It's his reasoning and logic that we are spraying money all over covid and can't seem to figure out why it isn't working. It is that thought process that has basically shut my business down for 6 months this year. It is those actions that have my kids doing homeschool. To go full circle, it is people like my dad who are the most upset that it is impacting business, family, school and lives but unwilling to even fathom the idea they are the cause of the problem.

So yes, I know I shouldn't feel guilty. Yes, I do love my dad and the good guy he once was is still in there somewhere but trying to feel sympathy for his situation while not feeling guilt for the pain he has caused others is not easy, even if it should be. Thanks for everyone letting me vent. I'll step back now as this thread shouldn't be dominated by the idiots around me and I will just reserve a post for the outcome.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom