COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (19 Viewers)

These have already been answ
Not sure yet on it effecting her timeline of her 2nd dose. Not even sure the 2nd shot is going to be necessary now but that's something she's figuring out. She's on day 5 of symptoms but so far they're all head cold symptoms and not in her lungs. I'm on the count down again as to if/when I get sick. If I make it through this one it'll be a miracle. We all of course spent Xmas and Xmas Eve together....just our family. We don't hang out with anyone else these days. My son was positive first week of November and I made it through that one after working on his car all day the day he started showing symptoms. Hopefully I can catch lightning in a bottle again.

I thought Miller Lite was the lightning? :hihi:

This is not good. A 50% increase over the prior daily record, over 10% positive rate. Anybody got some extra vaccine laying around?

This is not good. A 50% increase over the prior daily record, over 10% positive rate. Anybody got some extra vaccine laying around?

Saw that earlier. Not looking good for LA or Orleans Parish. Both over 10% positive rate and it's not a backlog of cases. Apparently the % positive is at a point where indoor service in bars will end at 11:00 o'clock tonight. (A bit suspicious that it just so happens to be the day before New Year's Eve, but meh.)

But, I'm not sure that will make much difference. Apparently only 5% of the spread is from congregate settings (like bars). The other 95% is community spread. My guess is most of that 95% is from holiday parties and events in homes.

Anecdotally it seems Orleans is getting hit again. I found out today that two people that I know tested positive since yesterday and there are two more cases in my building over the last two days.

Edit: Make that three people that I know, two who work in my office, that tested positive in less than 24 hours.

Last edited:
Because I work in a medical facility and come in contact with patients, I have been offered the vaccine. I will get my first shot today at Ochsner. Outside of the doctors in the office where I work, I am one of very few people who have volunteered to get it. I want to get to the point that I don't have to wear a mask and get to use my season tickets next season. Hopefully when the people in the office see that I'm fine, they'll start getting it.

Because I work in a medical facility and come in contact with patients, I have been offered the vaccine. I will get my first shot today at Ochsner. Outside of the doctors in the office where I work, I am one of very few people who have volunteered to get it. I want to get to the point that I don't have to wear a mask and get to use my season tickets next season. Hopefully when the people in the office see that I'm fine, they'll start getting it.
At what point do those "unwanted" vaccines become available to the next level of people?

Glad you are getting it. And IMO, there are so many in Louisiana that will not take the vaccine, unless it’s required, so it will be available in a few months for the rest of us. Wouldn’t be surprised if around 50% do not want to take the vaccine, excluding health care workers!

Glad you are getting it. And IMO, there are so many in Louisiana that will not take the vaccine, unless it’s required, so it will be available in a few months for the rest of us. Wouldn’t be surprised if around 50% do not want to take the vaccine, excluding health care workers!

i hope you are right.

i hope you are right.

I honestly hope he is wrong, but I'm sure he is right. Many people will refuse to take it which will be good for me, my wife, and daughter getting it sooner, but terrible for the country/state as a whole.

I found out the other day that my Sister-in-Law, who works in at a jail in the Alexandria, LA area has been offered the vaccine but is going to refuse to take it. At first she was claiming she was afraid of an allergic reaction, then she said she was afraid the vaccine would give her COVID, and then finally admitted she thought that the vaccine contained a microchip that the government would use to track her. :covri:

I had never thought that she was the sharpest tool in the shed, but I had no idea that she had gone totally insane. Ignoring that it is bat sheet crazy to think there is a microchip in the vaccine, the woman carries a cell phone everywhere she goes and uses Facebook. If the government wanted to tracker her those are much easier ways that putting a microchip in a vaccine.

Last edited:
At what point do those "unwanted" vaccines become available to the next level of people?

This is exactly what I think will happen and it will take some deft moves by Public Health officials and people in the various state governments to keep this moving forward. I would give Health Care workers their shot at the vaccine, if they refuse to take it, they move into the general public line. Those doses then move to the next group of people on the list. There's no need to keep vaccine doses in reserve on the off chance that somebody changes their mind. I won't change my mind. As soon as I can get a shot, I am getting one! Get on the bus or get out of the way!

It's not like people in health care don't know anything. It is a vaccine that has Emergency Use Approval, it is 95% effective. Nobody can say with 100% certainty that there will be no negative impact, they have to CHOOSE and live, or die, with that choice. My choice is to take the shot. You don't want it.....NEXT in line, no holding a spot for you. Choose yes, choose no, no option to choose....maybe when I feel like it.

I honestly hope he is wrong, but I'm sure he is right. Many people will refuse to take it which will be good for me, my wife, and daughter getting it sooner, but terrible for the country/state as a whole.

I found out the other day that my Sister-in-Law, who works in at a jail in the Alexandria, LA area has been offered the vaccine but is going to refuse to take it. At first she was claiming she was afraid of an allergic reaction, then she said she was afraid the vaccine would give her COVID, and then finally admitted she thought that the vaccine contained a microchip that the government would use to track her. :covri:

I had never thought that she was the sharpest tool in the shed, but I had no idea that she had gone totally insane. Ignoring that it is bat sheet crazy to think there is a microchip in the vaccine, the woman carries a cell phone everywhere she goes and uses Facebook. If the government wanted to tracker here those are much easier ways that putting a microchip in a vaccine.

there is no reasoning with those folks and for the most part, i have disassociated with those types as much as possible. It is mind-numbing to know there are people that will swear by everything Facebook. I have no idea how Facebook became the bastion of peoples ideals.

At this point, ive gotten quite selfish regarding protection of myself and immediate family. I dont have the time nor the strength to engage those that arent equipped with the cerebrum to identify logic or common sense.

i fully think there is a large portion that will wait for 50% to get, assume 20% have had, and VIOLA, Herd Immunity arrives and they are free to move about the cabin. Then will say " see i didnt get COVID nor the shot" like their immune system is biologically superior to those who did get the shot.

I had never thought that she was the sharpest tool in the shed, but I had no idea that she had gone totally insane. Ignoring that it is bat sheet crazy to think there is a microchip in the vaccine, the woman carries a cell phone everywhere she goes and uses Facebook. If the government wanted to tracker here those are much easier ways that putting a microchip in a vaccine.

Ask her how small that chip has to be to pass through the eye of a hypodermic needle. Ask her what is going to power that chip
once it's injected. Last time I checked, we don't have electricity running through our bodies.

Ask her how small that chip has to be to pass through the eye of a hypodermic needle. Ask her what is going to power that chip
once it's injected. Last time I checked, we don't have electricity running through our bodies.

I think once you are willing to believe that they put a microchip in the vaccine to track you, all other issues of logic and practicality go out of the window.

(By the way, I think that we actually do have electricity generated in our bodies that do things like activate nerves and autonomic responses. But it's still crazy to think the government has tech to make a chip that can use that power efficiently enough to be able to track us.)

I think once you are willing to believe that they put a microchip in the vaccine to track you, all other issues of logic and practicality go out of the window.

(By the way, I think that we actually do have electricity generated in our bodies that do things like activate nerves and autonomic responses. But it's still crazy to think the government has tech to make a chip that can use that power efficiently enough to be able to track us.)

If you have a smart phone,you are tracked. The technology was put there for safety,reasons. If you are having an emergency,the
GPS tracker can get help to you soon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom