COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (4 Viewers)

Orleans parish schools are locking back down at 8.9%
parish were I’m teaching has doors wide open at 14.5%
at least 1/3rd of jr & sr class is quarantined bc of NYE party

yeehaw

Orleans parish schools are locking back down at 8.9%
parish were I’m teaching has doors wide open at 14.5%
at least 1/3rd of jr & sr class is quarantined bc of NYE party

yeehaw

Welcome to St. Tammany.

Another private school VERY close to yours, the HOST of a NYE party with over 80 kids, tested Positive Monday. They refuse to call the school to advise of the PARTY.

its rampant disregard for individuals over in St. Tammany.

At some point, JBE is going to have to step in a close schools, right? I'm probably just dreaming, though.

At some point, JBE is going to have to step in a close schools, right? I'm probably just dreaming, though.

Is that still a possibility in La? The only way schools will close in Texas will be due to inclement weather. And that may happen for Monday to DFW area schools as there may be a lot of snow here on Sunday.

Harris County(Houston, TX) reports the states 1st case of the new Covid variant.

The site is paywalled, but here's a snippet.

Harris County on Thursday reported Texas’ first known case of the new, more contagious COVID-19 variant.

The new variant of the virus, known as B.1.1.7, was confirmed in a man between the ages of 30 and 40 in southwestern Harris County, who had no travel history, according to the county.

Because the man had no travel history, it is believed the variant is already circulating in the state, according to Dr. John Hellerstedt, Texas Department of State Health Services Commissioner.

So any word on when the next group of people to get the vaccine will start and who will make up that group?
I am a teacher and thought I had read somewhere that Teachers/Police/Fire were the next in line.
I am ready to take that sucker. Microchip/no microchip, IDGAF

In California as a teacher I am in the next round. Of course at the rate this state is immunizing people it may be a while....

I get my first shot tomorrow at 8:30 AM (Texas is doing Type 2 Diabetics in 1B).

I have thought about making myself available for it based on the criteria of BMI of 30.0. Thing is I'm not really obese. I lift weights and workout. Sure I could stand to lose 10, but the working out puts my BMI at 30.1 as recently calculated. The criteria doesn't say you have to look fat, have a big gut, 5 chins or whatever. Just that the BMI is 30+.

It's gotten to the point where people (many people) on Twitter are BEGGING the governor to move us back to Phase 1. And here we are with these daily "reminders" of wear your mask, wash your hands, social distance, be a good neighbor. JBE, grow a set and do what you were elected to do.

It's gotten to the point where people (many people) on Twitter are BEGGING the governor to move us back to Phase 1. And here we are with these daily "reminders" of wear your mask, wash your hands, social distance, be a good neighbor. JBE, grow a set and do what you were elected to do.

Going to continue to get worse the next few weeks then stay bad for a weeks after that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom