COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (4 Viewers)

I have thought about making myself available for it based on the criteria of BMI of 30.0. Thing is I'm not really obese. I lift weights and workout. Sure I could stand to lose 10, but the working out puts my BMI at 30.1 as recently calculated. The criteria doesn't say you have to look fat, have a big gut, 5 chins or whatever. Just that the BMI is 30+.

If I were in your shoes I wouldn’t. It means someone who really is high risk will have to wait longer. I know it’s frustrating, but for you it’s probably mostly a matter of convenience. For them it could be their life.

If I were in your shoes I wouldn’t. It means someone who really is high risk will have to wait longer. I know it’s frustrating, but for you it’s probably mostly a matter of convenience. For them it could be their life.

Yeah I didn't finish my post and forgot to come back and edit it. I'm not gonna even try. I'm fine being the last person to get it. Many others need it more than me.

I had a major scare today.

After extensive testing, it turns out I have acute bronchitis and mycoplasma, which apparently is a very mild form of pneumonia, not covid.

I'm thankful for my oximeter. It was the only warning I had that something wasn't right. It dipped to 94, and I immediately went to get tested.

It's gotten to the point where people (many people) on Twitter are BEGGING the governor to move us back to Phase 1. And here we are with these daily "reminders" of wear your mask, wash your hands, social distance, be a good neighbor. JBE, grow a set and do what you were elected to do.

The holiday spike has begun.

These next couple of weeks are going to be brutal.

One thing that concerned me yesterday, although my Dr. certainly didn't seem very concerned about it, was that she told me a had a little elevation of my diaphragm on the right side.

Now, of course, Google has deemed this a death sentence, talking about anything from possibly cancer to anuerysms or muscle disease issues or to nothing at all, so I'm kinda going out of my mind about this. Are there any doctors on the board that can shed any light on if I should be concerned about this? I realize this is not the place to ask this, but I'm trying to avoid going to the ER or anything again during covid.

Last edited:
Dr. Google can cause stress and anxiety, most times for nothing. Maybe go see a pulmonologist about it.
Too true. She basically brushed it off, and didn't recommend me to see anyone about it. I wish I would just accept that and move on, but I always have a tendency to freak out over things.

Too true. She basically brushed it off, and didn't recommend me to see anyone about it. I wish I would just accept that and move on, but I always have a tendency to freak out over things.

Can you message/call the dr's office and say you're concerned after she mentioned it, and ask if she can give you any additional info to help ease your mind? Why doesn't she seem concerned about it?

Can you message/call the dr's office and say you're concerned after she mentioned it, and ask if she can give you any additional info to help ease your mind? Why doesn't she seem concerned about it?
That is the thing, I dont know. She told me about it, and I ask her what does that mean, she proceeds to say "I don't know what it means." I then say, well, should I be concerned about it, and she's like "nah, you should probably just lose some weight." Idk.

If she doesn't know what it means, then how can she say that you shouldn't be concerned about it? If it were me, I'd get an appt with a pulmonologist.

I have a heartbeat rhythm thing. It only happens sometimes, but the 1st few times it happend it scared the crap out of me. I saw my PCP and he told me it was likely benign, but if I was concerned he gave me a Cardiologist reference. I went to the Cardiologist, and they did an ultrasound on the heart, and then a treadmill stress test with an EKG connected to me. Even though the heart rhythm thing never happened during the testing, the diagnosis put my mind at ease. So now when I get them, I don't think I'm about to drop dead with a heart attack.

Harris County(Houston, TX) reports the states 1st case of the new Covid variant.

The site is paywalled, but here's a snippet.

Harris County on Thursday reported Texas’ first known case of the new, more contagious COVID-19 variant.

The new variant of the virus, known as B.1.1.7, was confirmed in a man between the ages of 30 and 40 in southwestern Harris County, who had no travel history, according to the county.

Because the man had no travel history, it is believed the variant is already circulating in the state, according to Dr. John Hellerstedt, Texas Department of State Health Services Commissioner.

Easy to bust that paywall thing most of the time. Use Chrome, go Incognito, stop the page loading with the X after it starts to load, then scroll down. Timing is crucial but, with practice, it is very easy to do.

I am not sure the new variant is that big of a deal, it may be slightly more contagious, I have not scene a definitive view on this. If it is an contagious as they say......the US will be at natural herd immunity in three months tops.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom