COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (10 Viewers)

If anyone loses sense of taste and/or smell, then I think you‘ll know.

something I have thought of is if you lose sense of taste and/or smell, is there a point to get tested? There’s no treatment. Honest question.

If anyone loses sense of taste and/or smell, then I think you‘ll know.

something I have thought of is if you lose sense of taste and/or smell, is there a point to get tested? There’s no treatment. Honest question.

There are treatment regimens to help mitigate symptoms i think. A few here have done that iirc. Dago and one other individual I'm not recalling at the moment.

Absolutely.
This is why it needs to be studied further using the scientific method. Trust in the Science.
And there are a bunch of strains. how "infectious" it is, isn't something you can directly test. Too many variables in this uncontrolled environment.

1610419187851.png

Yuck, 500/day at this stadium site for Broward county. Need to speed this up. We have almost 2 million people in this county.

Another thought, once we're clear of this, if we've had it, should still get vaccinated?
Yes.

vaccine gives a stronger antibody response, I believe.

Yes, but. I really wish there would have been guidelines about this. I believe (Based on too many years of education and discussions with people way smarter and more knowledgeable than I am.) that natural immunity that presents itself from having had the virus has a certain degree of protection. It varies between people depending on the severity of their exposure and their immune response. But, given all of that, it would have been nice to have had an antibody criteria for people who have recovered from the virus. If you are above a certain level, don't get the vaccine...yet. We have a very limited amount of vaccine and it makes very little sense to give it to people who still have a very high antibody level within their systems instead of people who have a higher likelihood of death if they got the virus.

I read about a Healthcare Worker who was discussing vaccine side effects. For this person, there were moderate side effects. Deeper into it, this person had recovered from a severe case of Covid and had nearly died. It is understandable that they had a more severe side effect from the vaccine, they very likely already had a high level of antibodies. Anybody ever had a tetanus shot ahead of schedule? It is like being hit by a truck in your arm.

In the end, everybody should get the vaccine, even people who have recovered from the virus.

Yuck, 500/day at this stadium site for Broward county. Need to speed this up. We have almost 2 million people in this county.

It is coming. Look at the math, about 80-90% of the deaths are from a subset of 10-20% of the population. Once we get that 10-20% vaccinated, this is much more manageable. It is coming, we will come out of this almost as fast as we went into it.

I am not a loon, this is far worse than the seasonal flu for those who are more susceptible to this virus, but for many people, it is about like a really bad flu season. We need to get the very vulnerable people vaccinated. Once we do that, it moves from a pandemic to a severe, but manageable, public health crisis.

Florida is almost at 3% of its population vaccinated already. (North Dakota and West Virginia are over 5% already.) It seems really low, but consider that these are mostly healthcare workers and the most vulnerable. That number will be 6% soon, then 10%. It's happening! Where is that GIF when you need it?

Will do. If we start showing symptoms sooner than that, should we go then?
The earliar with the test the better chance you could possibly return a negative result. First hand story of a ER provider I know, tested positive when he first experienced symptoms. Wife tested with him and she tested negative, she than became very ill and tested two more times, returning a negative, on the 7th day of feeling like dog poo, she tested positive.

Welp...my son tested positive tonight. He's the only one showing symptoms at the moment. I want to get all of my family tested, but isn't there lag time before we would test positive? Not sure how to handle with 6 of us in the house.

Don't know where he got it from, whether friends or work. Who knows.
Good luck to you guys. I feel for you and understand the worry. When our son got it in November he was quarantined to a room upstairs and was only allowed down with a mask to use the restroom and then the wife sprayed everything down with lysol after he finished. We made it through that round with him being the only one that got it. My wife brought it home this time from work and I was the only one that caught it from her but understandable since we share a bed and she was a cougher that first night she started showing symptoms. Just try to keep him as quarantined as possible and good luck to you guys.

It is coming. Look at the math, about 80-90% of the deaths are from a subset of 10-20% of the population. Once we get that 10-20% vaccinated, this is much more manageable. It is coming, we will come out of this almost as fast as we went into it.

I am not a loon, this is far worse than the seasonal flu for those who are more susceptible to this virus, but for many people, it is about like a really bad flu season. We need to get the very vulnerable people vaccinated. Once we do that, it moves from a pandemic to a severe, but manageable, public health crisis.

Florida is almost at 3% of its population vaccinated already. (North Dakota and West Virginia are over 5% already.) It seems really low, but consider that these are mostly healthcare workers and the most vulnerable. That number will be 6% soon, then 10%. It's happening! Where is that GIF when you need it?

Yes, but....

It isn't just deaths. It is how many folks go to the hospital. That's where it becomes manageable or not.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom