COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (4 Viewers)

The main note about the Johnson and Johnson vaccine that is not approved yet.

"Vaccination elicited neutralizing antibodies — expected to stop the virus from infecting cells — in 90% of all participants by the 29th day after the first dose of vaccine and in all of them by two months after the first dose. The levels of these antibodies stayed stable for at least 71 days, they reported."

I dont know if the mRNA vaccines have similar antibody response times, but that would mean 1-2 months after the last (or only) dose, you're 'safe'.

Make sure we let our elders know it isn't just party time after the second dose.

The main note about the Johnson and Johnson vaccine that is not approved yet.

"Vaccination elicited neutralizing antibodies — expected to stop the virus from infecting cells — in 90% of all participants by the 29th day after the first dose of vaccine and in all of them by two months after the first dose. The levels of these antibodies stayed stable for at least 71 days, they reported."

I dont know if the mRNA vaccines have similar antibody response times, but that would mean 1-2 months after the last (or only) dose, you're 'safe'.

Make sure we let our elders know it isn't just party time after the second dose.

From what I have read, the mRNA vaccines have very high levels of neutralizing antibodies two weeks after the second dose.

From what I have read, the mRNA vaccines have very high levels of neutralizing antibodies two weeks after the second dose.
Same. From what I was reading when there was talk of giving everyone one shot, then getting the second when able is that they range 50-60% effective at 2 weeks. But the key thing to me at least is that your body, even if it gets sick, would have a step up to attack the virus quicker and avoid the major illness. It’s the laying ina bed with a tube slowly dying like my friends brother for 53 days that scares the hell out of me.

Same. From what I was reading when there was talk of giving everyone one shot, then getting the second when able is that they range 50-60% effective at 2 weeks. But the key thing to me at least is that your body, even if it gets sick, would have a step up to attack the virus quicker and avoid the major illness. It’s the laying ina bed with a tube slowly dying like my friends brother for 53 days that scares the hell out of me.

Exactly. I have been a very strong proponent of sticking to the two shot regimen, but the data seems to possibly support going the max effort one shot now, and one whenever you can get it type of plan.

"Until now, Israel’s speedy coronavirus vaccination rollout has been the source of awe, envy (and some criticism) worldwide. But with the release of preliminary data on how hundreds of thousands of people have responded to the shots, it’s also set to be the source of groundbreaking insights expected to help bolster vaccination efforts globally.

Most notably, the data released Tuesday by the Health Ministry shows that the vaccine significantly cut down infection levels among sample sizes even before full protection kicks in after the second of two doses.

Medics have been tracking infection levels among some 600,000 people who received the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, a group almost 30 times bigger than the one involved in the large-scale Phase 3 trial that preceded the US Food and Drug Administration’s approval of the shot.

A Health Ministry official announced that the vaccine curbs infections by some 50 percent 14 days after the first of two shots is administered. She said that the data is preliminary, and based on the results of coronavirus tests among both those who have received the vaccine and those who haven’t, who are are serving as a de facto control group."

Got my vaccine today as a front line worker in the covid hospital. Pretty smooth.

I got moderna

friend who works in hospital got his second last monday. Interested to see if you get same reaction he did ( next day woke feeling like CRAP- stayed in bed whole day. following day- like nothing happened )

friend who works in hospital got his second last monday. Interested to see if you get same reaction he did ( next day woke feeling like CRAP- stayed in bed whole day. following day- like nothing happened )
My sister got the 2nd last Monday too(Pfizer). She had a mild fever and some body aches, but was able to go to work. She took ibuprofen and acetaminophen.

I'll give updates. I hope I ain't on the struggle bus tomorrow.

My sister got the 2nd last Monday too(Pfizer). She had a mild fever and some body aches, but was able to go to work. She took ibuprofen and acetaminophen.

he had major fatigue and some body aches but no fever. lasted almost exactly 24 hrs then just freakin disappeared

CDC released more information on the UK variant and introduced modeling based on 50% increased transmission. If it is indeed that much more contagious then we will likely continue an upward trajectory through the spring and require a higher percentage of immune people to reach immunity with the UK strain becoming dominant by March.

I'm still betting it is nowhere near 70% more infectious and we see the UK variant talk fade in the coming weeks. I really hope I'm right.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom