COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (9 Viewers)

they simply cannot and will not acknowledge when they are wrong.

Its part and parcel for this administration. I think you have to sign something to that effect to work there.

that clip reminded me of this ( specific to Lisa Kudrow part ) LOL

Heard on the local news that one of the hospitals in central Louisiana is reporting a 30% or so positivity rate in testing. It's about to go from bad to worse.

So the variant strain now found in several states (FL, NY Co, CA).

I think it becomes a problem we'll before March.

With all the travel for the holidays, it will be a problem before the end of this month.

Looks like it's an even more dire situation in LA now.

The sad part which will likely get ignored is that this has huge ramifications on rural healthcare as the healthcare professionals are under attack from deniers and rural resources are already such that they rely on larger cities to cover over flow and more serious issues.

ETA: posted wrong article above but will leave it as the info is salient.

Last edited:
We (my rehab staff and I) all had Covid in November. We got vaccinated 12/28. Administration, CVS (administered vaccine) and my primary doctor all advised this was fine. I had minor symptoms for 24 hours and will get second shot 1/18.

We will not be tested until February, as we’d test positive for 3 months after having Covid. We also got the flu shot. I ain’t had the damn sniffles since November with all these shots :hihi:

Wife is a dental assistant. She tested positive on Dec. 9th (she never had any symptoms whatsoever). Because she tested positive, she was told that while the rest of her office can now start scheduling their vaccines, she has to wait until March to get it.

Looks like it's an even more dire situation in LA now.

The sad part which will likely get ignored is that this has huge ramifications on rural healthcare as the healthcare professionals are under attack from deniers and rural resources are already such that they rely on larger cities to cover over flow and more serious issues.

ETA: posted wrong article above but will leave it as the info is salient.

If everybody in California would listen to the CEO of Whole Foods, the hospitals would be empty.

If everybody in California would listen to the CEO of Whole Foods, the hospitals would be empty.

at first i thought it might have been a sensational article - 'i mean, he's not wrong about...' but he just kept going into the crazy end of the pool
and then the cynic side is like, 'maybe he's making this noise to justify the company's unethical healthcare practices'

and then there's the fact that this all came to light on a "Freakonomics' podcast - i have no idea what happened to that show but it went off the rails about a year and a half ago - it had been informative and thought-provoking but quickly devolved into a apologia for some of the worst corporatist practices out there

I still have a pretty strong hunch this strain isn't all that much more contagious and the talk about it slowly starts to fade and it doesn't become the dominant strain in the USA or does so very slowly. Think we just hit peak spread time and UK officials used it as a scapegoat for reopening too soon.

Another thing to worry about.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom