COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) 28,523,524 US cases, 505,309 US deaths.] (14 Viewers)

Dan in Lafayette

Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
The original COVID-19 Outbreak thread has been closed but is still available as a read-only thread (sticky above). The original thread had become less and less about new information and more about petty bickering. The purpose of this new thread is to link or report new information as it comes out. Try not to go off course from the topic. Those of you who had been banned from the original thread feel free to participate in this new thread. Just stay on topic. Thank you.
-----------------
Edit - Andrus:
Bottom line is that moving forward we simply don't want any political bickering going on within this thread, and want to try to limit this thread to being as much about sharing Covid-19 information as possible.

If you want to discuss the political aspects of Covid-19 with other SR members, you can do so here (If you are not already registered there, you will be required to do so)...
------------------
UPDATED TRACKER LINKS:

AARPSaint

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Pennsylvania is near the bottom. They have not handled the pandemic well, though almost everyone wears masks where I am.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pennsylvania is near the bottom. They have not handled the pandemic well, though almost everyone wears masks where I am.
I gotta think it's partly due to a lot of the people living out in the country. The Amish I believe are pretty much "if it's my time, it's my time." That said, every state has people like that, but PA just seems to have more of them. My guess anyway.

AARPSaint

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I gotta think it's partly due to a lot of the people living out in the country. The Amish I believe are pretty much "if it's my time, it's my time." That said, every state has people like that, but PA just seems to have more of them. My guess anyway.
Actually, it seems to be a distribution issue. Our county (Chester) has just been told that we're not getting any more vaccines for a while. I'll let Flygirl comment on the Amish, but that could be part of the problem as well.

nolaswede

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find the positivity % in Louisiana? The last few days NOLA.com and WDSU are posting the # of positive cases, but not total amount of tests.

Doug B

Fanaticus Sanctii
Reaction score
I had thought the Amish were very, very small in number -- small enough to not be able to affect Pennsylvania's numbers for any metric.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had thought the Amish were very, very small in number -- small enough to not be able to affect Pennsylvania's numbers for any metric.
Yeah, probably. I want to say there's just under 100k Amish in PA. Idk, good point. I was more thinking out loud.

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I just heard my daughter (age 6) telling my other daughter (age 7) about a new friend she met on the playground after school yesterday.

I just caught the tail-end but I heard her say ". . . and she believes in coronavirus, so she wears a mask."

SAINT__STEVEN

IN for that TITle Run
Reaction score
What did this say originally? Looks like it's been taken down.
Going off memory, but I believe it was a tweet about how the White House is now expecting an additional 50 million vaccine doses (over what was expected in the order) from one of the first 2 manufacturers, think it was Pfizer...which would be pretty cool

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 9, Guests: 1)