COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (7 Viewers)

Yup. I think we are quickly closing in on the peak of Covid in the USA. Betting the worst day will be in the next 10-14 days (think today will be the record number for cases) then it will be a slow but steady fall in cases followed by a peak and slow fall in deaths. Will still be a couple months until those numbers begin to look reasonable. We are going to give 5k deaths in a day a run though.

Dr. Google can cause stress and anxiety, most times for nothing. Maybe go see a pulmonologist about it.

Dr. Google has killed me off a few times. Kind of amazing how bad of a Doctor that Dr. Google really is. Should have license pulled for sure.

More cases leads to more "natural" immunity. The only way we get out of this will be more and more people getting it, I'm starting to get convinced there is no other way.

That is great, maybe my last post was too pessimistic. I have read that some people are strongly considering pushing vaccine doses out without having the second booster dose held in reserve/in the pipeline. (They are doing this in the UK, I think this is a huge mistake.) I have a great fear that we will see millions get their first shot and then miss shot #2, either 21 or 28 days later, not because they missed the appointment, but because a political decision has been made in error. FOLLOW THE SCIENCE. do the booster/second dose ON SCHEDULE, do not make this is situation where we have many people with a "wasted" first shot just to get the "vaccinated" number higher.

I want to see a breakdown of how many people have gotten their SECOND shot, the one that actually takes the vaccines up to 95% effectiveness, not just the first shot that may confer some immunity, but nowhere near 95%.

That is great, maybe my last post was too pessimistic. I have read that some people are strongly considering pushing vaccine doses out without having the second booster dose held in reserve/in the pipeline. (They are doing this in the UK, I think this is a huge mistake.) I have a great fear that we will see millions get their first shot and then miss shot #2, either 21 or 28 days later, not because they missed the appointment, but because a political decision has been made in error. FOLLOW THE SCIENCE. do the booster/second dose ON SCHEDULE, do not make this is situation where we have many people with a "wasted" first shot just to get the "vaccinated" number higher.

I want to see a breakdown of how many people have gotten their SECOND shot, the one that actually takes the vaccines up to 95% effectiveness, not just the first shot that may confer some immunity, but nowhere near 95%.

I'm not gonna get the first until I'm confident I can get the 2nd. Are the doses the same or different?

I'm not gonna get the first until I'm confident I can get the 2nd. Are the doses the same or different?

Same dose for each vaccine from each company, just have to get the same vaccine. Various dosing amounts were tested in Phase1 and Phase 2 for each company. These dosing amounts were deemed to be the best. Highest effectiveness with lowest side effects. As with any drug or vaccine, you want the lowest particular dose of any one drug that does the most good with the lowest side effects. (The fact that one is 0.5ml and the other 0.3ml is not important, they are different. They each tested higher doses and they appeared safe.) (The Astrazeneca vaccine is still on hold in the USA because they had "issues" with their dosing during testing. It has been approved in the UK.)

Moderna is two doses of 0.5ml each.
Pfizer is two doses of 0.3ml each.

So my thinking that it's possible the UK variant was used as an excuse for the governement to reverse course on lockdowns may or may not prove to be correct. In the US, there is no mutation to blame for rampant spread so the White House decided to make one up. Honestly though, I'll let them have the imaginary strain of Covid if it meant they actually would take it more seriously.

So my thinking that it's possible the UK variant was used as an excuse for the governement to reverse course on lockdowns may or may not prove to be correct. In the US, there is no mutation to blame for rampant spread so the White House decided to make one up. Honestly though, I'll let them have the imaginary strain of Covid if it meant they actually would take it more seriously.
Wait, you think scientists, politicians and the media would report new developments in a way that fits their motive, narrative or agenda?

Just talked to my Dad.

His wife went to church (nobody with a mask) and brought Covid home to him. Now they both have it. He sounds horrible and couldn't stay on the phone because he felt too bad to talk.

He still claims that it's just the flu 🙄.

Last edited:
Welp...my son tested positive tonight. He's the only one showing symptoms at the moment. I want to get all of my family tested, but isn't there lag time before we would test positive? Not sure how to handle with 6 of us in the house.

Don't know where he got it from, whether friends or work. Who knows.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom