COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (20 Viewers)

Someone at my son’s school tested positive. So off to quarantine he goes.

I know someone who has had symptoms and got tested three times at different places to finally get a positive test. She said the first two places barley put the swab in her nose. In more family friendly terms she said if your nose doesn’t feel like it’s been violated then they did it wrong.

I know someone who has had symptoms and got tested three times at different places to finally get a positive test. She said the first two places barley put the swab in her nose. In more family friendly terms she said if your nose doesn’t feel like it’s been violated then they did it wrong.

Depends on the test. There are some that no longer require the swap to touch your brain.

Frankly, if I get tested I want my eyes to water to ensure they have a good sample. But with that said...the false negative rate and false positive rate is really high in early disease and reduces significantly by about day 5. That should probably be the standard. It’d save our country millions.

Things continue to progress in the right direction in Colorado. The daily positivity rate is now 5.1% with the 7day rate being 5.67%.

More good news (for LA)?

virus.png
The country as a whole is headed in the right direction too. Southern half of the US and the coasts likely going to stuggle with it a while but at least it's headed back towards more manageable numbers. I really think we peaked last week. If the UK strain is in fact that much more contagious then we're going to struggle with one more big wave. If not, I think we start working our way down towards a plateua with about half as many daily cases as we have now then slowly start to work those down as the vaccinations take hold.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom