COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (5 Viewers)

The country as a whole is headed in the right direction too. Southern half of the US and the coasts likely going to stuggle with it a while but at least it's headed back towards more manageable numbers. I really think we peaked last week. If the UK strain is in fact that much more contagious then we're going to struggle with one more big wave. If not, I think we start working our way down towards a plateua with about half as many daily cases as we have now then slowly start to work those down as the vaccinations take hold.
A few other areas are having peaks, like Oklahoma.

1611025771765.png

Highlighting the states that are still trending upwards, or are kinda close.

1611025839396.png

Might be at the cusp of dropping.. cases, sure, but deaths and hospitalizations are only just coming off the peak.

1611025957560.png

A few other areas are having peaks, like Oklahoma.

1611025771765.png

Highlighting the states that are still trending upwards, or are kinda close.

1611025839396.png
Yup, just like I was saying a few weeks ago. Areas along and south of the 35th parralel in the middle of the country and then the coasts and NE. That covid map looks a whole lot like the jet stream does during the winter of La Nina months. :)

1611066566011.png

Did anyone else notice that yesterday was the one year anniversary of the original Covid thread? I still remember reading the first post that evening, thinking about the movie Contagion, and wondering what the future held for me and my family and the rest of the world.

I'm doomed!

I'm doomed!

So people with anxiety who may be worried about getting Covid, can now worry about the vaccine to help ease their worries about Covid, may not be as effective because they're worrying about Covid. And the spiral continues.

Tomorrow, President Biden needs to have Gen. Gustave Perna locked up at parade rest with orders to explain how he screwed the pooch on this one and why he lied to everyone about the so called vaccine reserve. If that General is going to continue his responsibility for distrobution, he needs to know that his career is on the line. Bust his butt down to Col. if he can't handle the duties of a general officer.

I recommend this article to anyone that is wondering whether to get vaccinated or not.

My Aunt's recently ex-husband went to his side of the family's Christmas event. His mother (late 80's) died from Covid the first week of January, the ex-ex-wife (late 60's) died the 2nd week, and he (late 60's) died this week. His boys and my Aunt are devastated. This virus is kryptonite to senior citizens and the immuno-compromised. I wish more people would understand that their experience with Covid is not the experience of all.

Last edited:
My Aunt's recently ex-husband went to his side of the family's Christmas event. His mother (late 80's) died first week of January from Covid, the ex-ex-wife (late 60's) died the 2nd week, and he (late 60's) died this week. His boys and my Aunt are devastated. This virus is kryptonite to senior citizens and the immuno-compromised. I wish more people would understand that their experience with Covid is not the experience of all.

You're asking for more selfless behavior and we seem to be a country not able to rise to that challenge.

My Aunt's recently ex-husband went to his side of the family's Christmas event. His mother (late 80's) died from Covid the first week of January, the ex-ex-wife (late 60's) died the 2nd week, and he (late 60's) died this week. His boys and my Aunt are devastated. This virus is kryptonite to senior citizens and the immuno-compromised. I wish more people would understand that their experience with Covid is not the experience of all.

Such a terrible thing. Really sorry

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom