COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (7 Viewers)

Maybe call first

Not sure how Ms doing it but Oschner just notified that no new vaccine ( 1st shot ) scheduling will happen for at least this week. Shipment never arrived - so they do have enough for the 2nd dose for all those who got 1st. But no new scheduling til further notice. Was trying to get my mother on list. Now have to wait another week to try.

Not sure how Ms doing it but Oschner just notified that no new vaccine ( 1st shot ) scheduling will happen for at least this week. Shipment never arrived - so they do have enough for the 2nd dose for all those who got 1st. But no new scheduling til further notice. Was trying to get my mother on list. Now have to wait another week to try.

My stepmother was one of those who got bumped when they didn't get their supply. My dad happened to get it a few days earlier - he's in the doghouse LOL

Appointment for vaccine tomorrow mid day. Have to drive 1.5 hours each way but will be worth it. Somehow I feel like I will show up and they will not have any vaccines left or something stupid. Other than being nervous that something will prevent me from getting it, I'm really freaking excited. Got the wife an appointment on the 28th.

A bit of friendly advice. Before you make a 3 hr. round trip, call and make sure the vaccine is available. We were informed by
Keesler today, they will not have any vaccinations until next week. I was lucky enough to receive mine last Friday. My wife
waited 2 hours at the hospital yesterday and was told to go home. Jmho, but if Keesler can't get it, I doubt any place in Ms. can

A bit of friendly advice. Before you make a 3 hr. round trip, call and make sure the vaccine is available. We were informed by
Keesler today, they will not have any vaccinations until next week. I was lucky enough to receive mine last Friday. My wife
waited 2 hours at the hospital yesterday and was told to go home. Jmho, but if Keesler can't get it, I doubt any place in Ms. can
That's very good advice but after speaking to the people across multiple states about getting an appointment, going to have just drive down there. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing everywhere. You would think they would figure it all 6 weeks into this process, instead, they all just complain about getting too many calls instead of figuring out a system to delegate. Plus a 3 hour round trip is not very long for me and as much as I drive.

Glad that people are starting to get the vaccine. Hopefully, people under 70 will be able to get it within a few weeks.

Louisiana had a 6.6% positivity rate today, and that’s including probable cases. Obviously, still a lot, however it’s possibly the lowest in quite a while.

That's very good advice but after speaking to the people across multiple states about getting an appointment, going to have just drive down there. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing everywhere. You would think they would figure it all 6 weeks into this process, instead, they all just complain about getting too many calls instead of figuring out a system to delegate. Plus a 3 hour round trip is not very long for me and as much as I drive.

Jmgo again, but I believe the biggest problem was the political change. I believe things will start getting better,and I'll leave it at there

How in the world is there such vast ineptitude in getting these vaccines delivered on schedule? It's mind-boggling.

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — A pharmacy responsible for distributing the coronavirus vaccine to Ohio nursing homes failed to document storage temperatures for leftover shots, resulting in 890 doses being wasted, the state Health Department said Wednesday.

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — A pharmacy responsible for distributing the coronavirus vaccine to Ohio nursing homes failed to document storage temperatures for leftover shots, resulting in 890 doses being wasted, the state Health Department said Wednesday.
Read somewhere that Maine had 16k doses get ruined. In all honestly though, the ruined vaccines are by far the smallest issue in the rollout.

Did call a covid vaccine distributor in Tyler, Tx today. The Tx website showed they have 200 Moderna vaccines available. I was told they are being reserved for healthcare workers and family members. Another in SE Tx has 100 moderna vaccines at a local doctors office, those are reserved for patients of the clinic. I'm guessing if the people answering the phone are so cavalier about distributing the vaccine against protocols that they will admit to it on a cold call that a huge percentage of the vaccines are not going out as intended and there is almost no oversight.

The doctor's office could be using them for their patients which meet the state's protocols. But hopefully the distribution issues start to improve.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom