COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (10 Viewers)

WHO has changed their designation for a confirmed COVID infection.

The actual article won't come up and I can't find this news anywhere else. I know people are looking for any "I tOLd uZe so!" moment, but I'll need to see details behind the guidance. Three days ago I read the guidance that the concern was behind false negatives not false positives with the rapid test.

The actual article won't come up and I can't find this news anywhere else. I know people are looking for any "I tOLd uZe so!" moment, but I'll need to see details behind the guidance. Three days ago I read the guidance that the concern was behind false negatives not false positives with the rapid test.

I was able to bring up the article, and also the PDF they are using for guidance. I'm not a healthcare expert, and mostly skimmed through the PDF, but the way I read it is if the test result is in question due to reasons such as poor sample, too much time in transit or some others, then do the test again. Don't just state it's a positive result.

Attachments

• WHO-2019-nCoV-laboratory-2020.6-eng.pdf
    719.9 KB · Views: 2

Here it is from the WHO themselves: https://www.who.int/news/item/14-12-2020-who-information-notice-for-ivd-users

Man, for some reason nothing from who.int will come up for me. I’m a sad panda.

Read somewhere that Maine had 16k doses get ruined. In all honestly though, the ruined vaccines are by far the smallest issue in the rollout.

Did call a covid vaccine distributor in Tyler, Tx today. The Tx website showed they have 200 Moderna vaccines available. I was told they are being reserved for healthcare workers and family members. Another in SE Tx has 100 moderna vaccines at a local doctors office, those are reserved for patients of the clinic. I'm guessing if the people answering the phone are so cavalier about distributing the vaccine against protocols that they will admit to it on a cold call that a huge percentage of the vaccines are not going out as intended and there is almost no oversight.
We just had the second dose this past Monday, and CVS will return to our facility for the third and final time on Feb 8. So far 40% of staff has gotten the vaccine which leaves 60% who have refused. The reasons I've heard for refusing range from "We want to see if you die" to (and I **** you not) "Covid is God's vengeance on humans, and the vaccine is the mark of the beast" I reminded this particular nurse that vaccines have existed for over 200 years since Edward Jenner invented the Smallpox vaccine in the late 1700's. She did not seem aware of this historically significant event.

We're in deep doodoo as long as superstition is more popular than science.

I had minimal side effects from the second dose, but the peace of mind it brings is substantial.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom