COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (12 Viewers)

Read somewhere that Maine had 16k doses get ruined. In all honestly though, the ruined vaccines are by far the smallest issue in the rollout.

Did call a covid vaccine distributor in Tyler, Tx today. The Tx website showed they have 200 Moderna vaccines available. I was told they are being reserved for healthcare workers and family members. Another in SE Tx has 100 moderna vaccines at a local doctors office, those are reserved for patients of the clinic. I'm guessing if the people answering the phone are so cavalier about distributing the vaccine against protocols that they will admit to it on a cold call that a huge percentage of the vaccines are not going out as intended and there is almost no oversight.

was it free? ill drive. lol

If this happens I feel for the athletes. If it doesnt get canceled I may go.

They still plan on having the Euro Cup in soccer this summer. Might be easier since they only have to use a few stadiums and can sort of create a bubble.

They still plan on having the Euro Cup in soccer this summer. Might be easier since they only have to use a few stadiums and can sort of create a bubble.
And they know that the leagues have been following protocol

as far as I know Japan did not have a big outbreak which means there is very little immunity built up
Japan is also, obviously, densely packed (esp in the places they’d have events) and on average a much older population if I remember correctly
So inviting athletes from both hemispheres from countries of varying protocols and infection rates...???
That just sounds like a disease time bomb

And they know that the leagues have been following protocol

as far as I know Japan did not have a big outbreak which means there is very little immunity built up
Japan is also, obviously, densely packed (esp in the places they’d have events) and on average a much older population if I remember correctly
So inviting athletes from both hemispheres from countries of varying protocols and infection rates...???
That just sounds like a disease time bomb
I wonder what their vaccination efforts are like there? Surely not the clusterfork that we have here.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/21/us/politics/biden-executive-orders-coronavirus.html

The Trump administration struggled last year to settle on a centralized system, pitting competing programs at the Department of Health and Human Services and the C.D.C. against one another. Alex M. Azar II, the former health and human services secretary, ordered hospitals to send daily reports about virus cases to a private vendor that transmitted them to a central database in Washington, instead of the C.D.C., which had previously housed the data. The decision, which remains in effect, angered C.D.C. scientists.

Talk about a big understatement. The duty to collect our nation's COVID data was handed to a private company that had never done anything like it before and didn't even employ infectious disease experts, doctors or public health experts. Paid millions to boot.

We just had the second dose this past Monday, and CVS will return to our facility for the third and final time on Feb 8. So far 40% of staff has gotten the vaccine which leaves 60% who have refused. The reasons I've heard for refusing range from "We want to see if you die" to (and I **** you not) "Covid is God's vengeance on humans, and the vaccine is the mark of the beast" I reminded this particular nurse that vaccines have existed for over 200 years since Edward Jenner invented the Smallpox vaccine in the late 1700's. She did not seem aware of this historically significant event.

We're in deep doodoo as long as superstition is more popular than science.

I had minimal side effects from the second dose, but the peace of mind it brings is substantial.
"I didn't realize we hired stupid people here"

Virginia seems like the one state still climbing. Others are much higher, but starting to trend down.

1611283072155.png

My wife got her first dose yesterday. Maryland has decided to re-open schools on March 1, but our local board of ed (my wife is a teacher) has decided in its infinite wisdom to re-open on Feb 8 which means my wife will not have even received her 2nd dose much less achieved immunity. There are many other teachers who have not even gotten the first dose yet. It's a prescription for trouble.

My wife got her first dose yesterday. Maryland has decided to re-open schools on March 1, but our local board of ed (my wife is a teacher) has decided in its infinite wisdom to re-open on Feb 8 which means my wife will not have even received her 2nd dose much less achieved immunity. There are many other teachers who have not even gotten the first dose yet. It's a prescription for trouble.

Could she use some vacation time etc?

I think Orleans Parish is down to like 3.5% positivity rate. But, the public schools decided to stay closed for at least another10-14 days. And I would say that it because the parishes around us haven’t taken this pandemic as seriously.

Could she use some vacation time etc?

I think Orleans Parish is down to like 3.5% positivity rate. But, the public schools decided to stay closed for at least another10-14 days. And I would say that it because the parishes around us haven’t taken this pandemic as seriously.
It’s going nuts on the north shore

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom